Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Chapter 2 - SIX MONTH'S WARNING  (Read 757 times)

Offline Wreck

• Members
Chapter 2 - SIX MONTH'S WARNING
« on: May 12, 2015, 11:01:55 AM »
What happened to warnings at 8 years, 5 years, 3 years:-

Main points of the feature are:

- Dashboard news posts well ahead of the regulation's start for each country (several news items: at -8 years, -5 years, -3 years, -1 year, -6 months and at the date the regulation starts). Possibly also direct notifications to user's in-game message box at the -1y, -6m and 0day marks.

How are you supposed to acquire enough aircraft to reschedule 137 routes in six months?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: Chapter 2 - SIX MONTH'S WARNING
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 11:31:19 AM »
The earlier notes of the change are posted only to dashboard news, and the 1 and 0.5 yr warnings to player inboxes too. (and checked from the database (since they cannot be scrolled backwards) that the system has posted the news to dashboard normally..)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:36:50 AM by sami »

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 12:39:22 PM »
Player inbox notifications are not happening, per my bug report. However, it was posted in the global news at the one year mark in Gw3

Offline Wreck

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 02:08:54 PM »
I certainly didn't get a one year warning in the inbox.

Have no recollection of any 8, 5 or 3 year warnings in the Dashboard - It's possible that I missed them, but unlikely.

Of course, if the whispering Britannias were given "airwaysim chapter 2" certification (compare with 707s, DC8s, VC10s, BAC1-11s) it wouldn't be an issue at this stage.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 02:25:55 PM »
Player inbox notifications are not happening, per my bug report. However, it was posted in the global news at the one year mark in Gw3

I have gotten them just normally for my test airline in GW2. (but your report for GW3 is still pending)

Of course, if the whispering Britannias were given "airwaysim chapter 2" certification (compare with 707s, DC8s, VC10s, BAC1-11s) it wouldn't be an issue at this stage.

Yes, they are there (as per my previous post, I checked the news database) - you can see two of them in the world news still currently (others are so far behind that can't be seen anymore but they are there).

When would your fleet be chapt.2 compatible?

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 02:33:31 PM »
I have gotten them just normally for my test airline in GW2. (but your report for GW3 is still pending)

In GW2, I received a 31-Dec-1999 that noise regs were implemented in the US message, however, I did not receive the 6 and 12 month warning notices (I went back and looked). And since I'm a notorious inbox message hoarder, it's highly unlikely that I deleted it in a drunken stupor.

Offline Wreck

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 05:10:04 PM »

When would your fleet be chapt.2 compatible?

DC10s on order & coming through slowly, would need a few more, so late 1987 at the moment.
Desperately leasing DC8s as the only plentiful UM alternative at present, might make the Dec deadline with them.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »
Well, I can install a "temporary upgrade" to the planes till then ..  Just drop me a note when the transition is done.

Offline Wreck

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 05:22:24 PM »
Many thanks.

Offline BOEING717

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 07:58:42 PM »
Well stupid me must have missed the warnings as well and I do look at them. Now my A/C will be out of action for 2 weeks. Teach me a lesson on being a brain dead. Would have been nice to have had a better warning. Now almost half my fleet will not be in the air for 2 weeks. Probably enough to knock me out of this game world and not come back. Great game but a better (or any) inbox warning would have been nice. Or as I see now there is a warning when you try and lease them. Had that been there I could have done 10 A/C at a time and not killed a good money making airline.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:06:55 PM by BOEING717 »

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 09:35:09 AM »
Your airline won't go bankrupt with two weeks of down-time. Not unless it's in a very precarious state to start with. You have to mae no profit at all for 6 or more months before the system will force bankrupcy. If you're making money you will recover. But, maybe I've missed the point - why will your fleet be grounded for two weeks and no longer?

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 01:43:22 PM »
Your airline won't go bankrupt with two weeks of down-time. Not unless it's in a very precarious state to start with. You have to mae no profit at all for 6 or more months before the system will force bankrupcy. If you're making money you will recover. But, maybe I've missed the point - why will your fleet be grounded for two weeks and no longer?

i assume to install upgrade, bac hushkit takes 2 weeks I can assume some other may take longer.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.