Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Add another fleet typee or tech stop with 767  (Read 1364 times)

coopdogyo

• Former member
Add another fleet typee or tech stop with 767
« on: May 11, 2015, 08:04:57 PM »
Here is my situation there currently sbout 10 routes that would be viable beyond the range of my 767's. Right now I have three fleet types, I was wondering if it would be worth it to add another long range fleet type such as the A340 or 777 for these routes or if I should use 767's with a tech stop. How great is the tech stop penalty? If I do switch to four types I could eventually consolidate with A330/A340 but with 5 years left on my leases it would take a while. 

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Add another fleet typee or tech stop with 767
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 08:32:03 PM »
For your fleet size, it won't be catastrophic but you'll be financially worse off by adding the fleet type to cover those routes. Have you looked at using a 762ER instead of the 763ER? That might give you enough range to hit those destinations.

coopdogyo

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 09:50:27 PM »
Unfortunately this are all 7000nm+ so really will ULH kill me? or can a 767 with a tech stop do it?

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 11:09:37 PM »
Fuel stops are doable providing that A) there is no non-stop competition,and B) demand is more than capacity. In my experience, there is about a 40% 'penalty' for doing a fuel stop, however, if demand is there you can make money. Unless your printing money would not go 4th fleet.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 07:08:47 PM »
If you have a lot of 7000+ nm destinations, 767 just may not be the best fleet group for you, A330/340/777 may fit your needs better.

If you have only a handful 7000+ destinations, and their demand is less than 350+ pax, just don't fly those routes with 767.  Tech stopped flights are kind of dead now, after the tech stop penalty has been implemented.

coopdogyo

• Former member

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 11:19:38 PM »
It would probably require about 10-15 planes to fly the routes. Is it worth adding another fleet for that?  How about a 280 pax route at 10000nm is ultra long haul still super unprofitable?

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 02:20:10 PM »
Before the tech stopping was broken, you would want to fly the ULH route with a 764er, since it is super fuel efficient.  That route would have done just fine with 764 tech stopped.

But now, you are probably going to get well below 200 pax, and it is probably not going to be worthwhile.  What you can do is just sacrifice one aircraft for ~6 months , have it fly the route on just a 2-3 days that you can fit on the schedule, and wait for the RI to build up, and then you can re-evaluate.  That would be a lot cheaper than getting another fleet type.  If your test aircraft does not make much money, then probably just don't fly the route.

Offline EYguy

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 07:59:58 AM »
I'd go for the tech stop only if you owned the a/c outright, not lease them. Margins as of now are quite low and a/c utilisation on such long routs is a killer to your profitability, especially if you start adding a 4th type to your fleet. There is a "commonality penality" starting right with the 4th a/c type, therefore I'd rather introduce a 4th type but with the target of getting rid of the B767 asap...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.