Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] GW2 - noise reg warnings not happening  (Read 181 times)

Offline schro

• Members
[ok] GW2 - noise reg warnings not happening
« on: May 05, 2015, 12:48:16 AM »
As a perpetual hoarder of inbox notifications, I noticed that in GW2 there was no warning of the US implementing noise regulations other than an announcement that they were set to happen that day. When the noise reg module was first activated, it was ~1994 and a 6 month warning message to the inbox was given for a couple of tree-hugging European countries prior to implementation. It does not seem to be the case for the US implementation though. Also, I've yet to see warnings in GW1 as to when noise regs will go active, and that's a bit important for those of us running 100+ 727s without hushkits....
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 05:52:14 PM by sami »

Offline SteveHunt

• Members
Re: GW2 - noise reg warnings not happening
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »
The single 6-month warning is hardly enough; I can't even remember getting it. I got a notification message on the day noise regs came into force across the EU, and immediately all my airline's B732s without hushkits were grounded. I was able to do the retrofits, but at the cost of significant disruption.

There is more notification of airport closures/moves, which (generally) have fewer implications for uninterrupted operation. Perhaps we could receive warnings at 12, 9 and 6 months before enactment, then monthly until the final date.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.