Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Route Oversupply Warning Error  (Read 260 times)

Offline J.WINDSOR

• Members
[-] Route Oversupply Warning Error
« on: April 23, 2015, 10:01:51 AM »
Hi i hope you can help, i keep getting a route oversupply error but i dont understand why, the demand is higher than my supply, i am playing in the regional challenge. I am in the process of reducing my supply to see if this stops the warning.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:57:44 PM by sami »

Offline wildavidson

• Members
Re: Route Oversupply Warning Error
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:21:27 AM »
Check the return route, in GW3 the demand from OGG-ITO is less than half the demnnd in the other direction so if this is the same in your gameworld then you are oversupplying and not a bug.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »
Not a bug per se, as the program is behaving as designed. But isn't the database a little strange? I mean, it's a frequent case of tricky unbalance. I'm not sure such unbalances add a lot to the game. I'm not sure they are realistic either(maybe they are, but I'd like to be pointed to sources).

But the interface is clearly misleading there. For whoever does not read the forum, it's nigh-on impossible to guess that. The message should at least say "on return leg", "on both legs", or something like that.

Offline wildavidson

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 01:12:35 PM »
Not a bug per se, as the program is behaving as designed. But isn't the database a little strange? I mean, it's a frequent case of tricky unbalance. I'm not sure such unbalances add a lot to the game. I'm not sure they are realistic either(maybe they are, but I'd like to be pointed to sources).

But the interface is clearly misleading there. For whoever does not read the forum, it's nigh-on impossible to guess that. The message should at least say "on return leg", "on both legs", or something like that.
The message lists the return flight number only, in cases where the route is being oversuplied in both directions, the outward and inward flight numbers are both shown in the message.

ps i have also been a vistim of this in the past and as you say the only reason i found out was by reading the forum.

Offline J.WINDSOR

• Members
Re: [-] Route Oversupply Warning Error
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 04:43:38 PM »
your right, it seems that the demand is different for the different legs, I wasn't aware the game did that, I mean it makes sense but I didn't know about it. Can I adjust how many seats are available per leg?

Offline wildavidson

• Members
Re: [-] Route Oversupply Warning Error
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 04:45:42 PM »
your right, it seems that the demand is different for the different legs, I wasn't aware the game did that, I mean it makes sense but I didn't know about it. Can I adjust how many seats are available per leg?
not as far as im aware, you can block seats but that blocks them in both directions

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.