Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Buyback of a lease plane  (Read 275 times)

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
    • http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Banner/170/343/
Buyback of a lease plane
« on: April 21, 2015, 08:59:14 AM »
Does it makes sense to buy a already leased plane?

I cannot find really profitable routes and I have some cash flow that is worth to be used. I'm thinking to buy some of my Airbus 319 leased with a 4 years plan.

What do you suggest?

Federico

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Buyback of a lease plane
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 10:56:51 AM »
though part is, if you still have 4 years of loan to pay, it can cost you more than a brand new plane.

I happened to buy a few of my CRJs in the previous GW3, but usually near the end of their lease(which mean I begin to bite the bullet of the D-Check...) But it's often better to but a used plane - if available - when the old plane ends up lease. For an A319, the used market is not always nice, therefore maybe you'll have to bite the bullet anyways.

Offline Cammellodacorsa

• Members
    • http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Banner/170/343/
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 03:01:39 PM »
So, the idea could be to buy a used or new airplane when the leased one is going to end is lease and swap schedule, could be?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 08:34:07 AM »
So, the idea could be to buy a used or new airplane when the leased one is going to end is lease and swap schedule, could be?

That was my plan. I did it with my CRJs first, and later replacing them with A148s. Always at the end of the 7.5 years lease to avoid paying the D-Check. I had around 150 leased CRJs, which I all replaced by bought planes in a 10 years timespan. Count 700K$ for D-Check number 1 of a CRJ in the 2010s. That's 1B$ or so of spared expenses for those 10 years.

There is another detail I forgot to talk about : moving prices. A319s tend to have their prices skyrocket year after year(it's such a good plane, everyone wants them). I you buy it now at 50M$ when it's 4 years old, but the new plane already costs 90M$(I'm not in your game world, I cannot check), then it's really worth it buying it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.