Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What happened to Kadachiman and Black Diamond?  (Read 525 times)

Offline Wagster

• Members
What happened to Kadachiman and Black Diamond?
« on: March 27, 2015, 10:33:17 AM »
Hi,

These fine gentlemen were competing with me and then they disappeared without trace, probably abducted by the reptilian alien invader running Saur Air. I must have missed their closure/BK messages.

Does anyone know what happened to them? Kadachiman was using an interesting fleet choice, did it fail massively? Was it because of Chapter 2 regulations which would've grounded his Tu-114 fleet in 8 years?

What about the Black Diamond guy? Anyone from Spectrum Alliance can comment? He was doing well, better than me, then he decided to open bases everywhere and buy every plane model available, it seems. Did he BK?

Offline Air Azure [President and CEO]

• Members
Re: What happened to Kadachiman and Black Diamond?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 02:42:07 PM »
I was competing against Kadachiman (Wontok Air Services) in las Vegas. To me it looked like a mix of old and expensive russian props together with the rising fuel prices and increasing competition in some of his bases. His profits went down  gradually and in the end the typical reactions could be seen:

Drastic cost cutting measures leading to a decrease of company Image and umotivied staff leading to flight cancellations These leading again to a loss of passengers and further money losses. In short: He ended in a vicious cycle with a bankruptcy in the end.

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 04:30:04 PM »
Hi Wagster

Black diamond, as you said, went a little mad on things and then went bankrupt. I have been hoping he would return but there has been no sign of him returning. Shame really he was a good player.

Thanks for asking Wagster

Rick
CEO Spectrum Alliance

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 01:02:27 PM »
I was competing against Kadachiman (Wontok Air Services) in las Vegas. To me it looked like a mix of old and expensive russian props together with the rising fuel prices and increasing competition in some of his bases. His profits went down  gradually and in the end the typical reactions could be seen:

Drastic cost cutting measures leading to a decrease of company Image and umotivied staff leading to flight cancellations These leading again to a loss of passengers and further money losses. In short: He ended in a vicious cycle with a bankruptcy in the end.

While a solid theory and I can understand your analysis.... it is incorrect :-)

Basically I got bored (as I have been playing this sim for 4 years without a break) or more accurately I found another Simulation game that is stimulating me more at present.

The Russian planes were doing very well regardless of fuel increases as they were an 80% owned fleet.
I had too many planes coming into service that I just could not be bothered scheduling, so sitting on the deck and not logging in ....to do C & D checks and switch routes to idle aircraft ......did in fact kill me with Ramp check CI hits.
PS - I never have auto C and D check selected

I had plenty of Boeing 737's sitting on the deck that would have kept cash flowing in as they were purchased outright to sell as cash flow.

The plan was to go from Tu114's to A300 series before the regulations kicked in ..... but as I have said...I found another interest.

I may be back soon for the new Modern Age....but not 100% sure yet.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 01:11:53 PM by Kadachiman »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.