Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Right Clicking on Game Menus Disappears Them  (Read 594 times)

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Right Clicking on Game Menus Disappears Them
« on: March 22, 2015, 03:35:24 AM »
So, a new "feature" seemed to manifest itself a few days ago on the drop down menus on Chrome on the desktop. Specifically, in the past, I was able to right click on an item within a drop down menu (i.e. Aircraft -> Used Aircraft) and select something like "Open in New Window" or "Open in New Tab" with the menu staying present through the end of the click. However, now, the moment that I right click, the menu disappears much like Houdini doing a disappearing act. Luckily, the functionality is still there and I'm able to open the link in a new window/tab, however, the new behavior bugs me, hence this post.

Offline AppleBoss

• Members
Re: Right Clicking on Game Menus Disappears Them
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:12:32 AM »
An other way to open in a new tab is to press CTRL and clic left with the mouse.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 12:01:57 PM »
An other way to open in a new tab is to press CTRL and clic left with the mouse.

As is clicking with the mouse wheel. The issue here is the menu poofing, not the functionality.

Offline AppleBoss

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 05:43:41 PM »
It works actually. If you click right the contextual menu of Chrome appears.
The thing is that the menu retracts when the cursor is not over it. Chrome interprets the fact that when the cursor is over the contextual menu it left the menu even if visually, the contextual menu is over the game's menu.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 06:11:38 PM »
It works actually. If you click right the contextual menu of Chrome appears.
The thing is that the menu retracts when the cursor is not over it. Chrome interprets the fact that when the cursor is over the contextual menu it left the menu even if visually, the contextual menu is over the game's menu.

So is this a change in chrome interpreting clicks? In the past, the game menu would stay visible until the chrome contextual menu closed. It was visible for many years of me playing the game and has only recently changed its behavior.

Though, on a soapbox about chrome, I'm annoyed that the new albatross of a feature known as pull down to refresh on the mobile side is not able to be disabled....

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
Some update in Chrome has broken this I see... (sigh)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.