Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Using existing slots on a new route  (Read 627 times)

Offline Aliens62

• Members
Using existing slots on a new route
« on: March 16, 2015, 12:50:48 PM »
Hi all,

I am wondering how I can use a slot that I have for one of my routes that I currently operate, to open a new route (of course closing the existing one). It would be to a different airport so the slots at the current destination would be handed back to the slot pool, but I want to keep the slots at my base airport. Is this possible or do I have release all of the slots and pay for them again when I open the new route?

cheers
Aliens

Offline wildavidson

• Members
Re: Using existing slots on a new route
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 03:34:11 PM »
Cancel route, keep all slots, add your new route and the unused slots at the other end will naturally expire

Offline Aliens62

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 04:06:51 PM »
Thx dwilson1985.
I did this and all appeared fine. But now that the slots at the destination station, where the slots became dormant, have expired and are being taken away, I have been hit with a USD72K bill listed as 'Airport Slots' on my income statement. I have not opened any new routes from my HQ in the week to which the charge relates and the manual states that there is now monetary penalty for loosing slots in this way.
Any of the admin guys care to advise what is happening and why I have got this charge please?

cheers
Aliens

Offline wildavidson

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 06:45:25 PM »
Thx dwilson1985.
I did this and all appeared fine. But now that the slots at the destination station, where the slots became dormant, have expired and are being taken away, I have been hit with a USD72K bill listed as 'Airport Slots' on my income statement. I have not opened any new routes from my HQ in the week to which the charge relates and the manual states that there is now monetary penalty for loosing slots in this way.
Any of the admin guys care to advise what is happening and why I have got this charge please?

cheers
Aliens
its all to do with the games accounting system. You have not lost this in terms of cash but as the slots are classed as assets, when you release/expire slots the purchase cost is classed as a loss on p&l due to the loss of the asset. The same would have happens if you had released the slots back to the pool but would have lost the HQ slots too so their value would also reflect on the p&l statement.

Offline Aliens62

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 06:50:20 PM »
Ahh OK, seems a bit harsh to show the handing back of slots as an 84K deficit on that weeks income statement, but I see what you're saying.
Thanks again.

Aliens

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 08:59:32 PM »
It's a tax write-off  ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.