Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] Company image: slowly dropping despite (because of?) new fleet?  (Read 877 times)

Offline weasel

• Members
Hello Sami

I'm rather puzzled that CI starts to drop slowly without me having removed any marketing campaigns. Staff morale is at 100%, delay situation seems unchanged as I didn't add any new schedules lately.

CI started dropping when I renewed my fleet. Average age is now 0.7y, before it was 14y - I expected CI rather to rise, than to drop slowly from 71.16 to now 64.82.

GW#2, Ad Caelum
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 12:30:28 PM by sami »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Company image: slowly dropping despite (because of?) new fleet?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:16:45 AM »
how many flights a week? My experience id that at 7 flights a week, RI grows by itself.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 07:08:13 PM »
Image is not related to the types or ages of aircraft. But increasing the fleet size will require you to (possibly) adjust your marketing.

Check the delays and cancellations as those most commonly drive the image down.

Offline weasel

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 08:12:29 PM »
CI still dropping, wondering if it levels off at 60, down from 70?

Puntuality is 95.9% with average delay of 1 minute. Cancellation is 2.1%, none due to a/c rotation. Didn't alter frequency, still serving all routes, except one (this one twice daily), 7 days a week.

Fleet size is the same (exchanged V10 to B752, 1:1 in number). As I added seats, overall load factor dropped - Could this affect CI?

Offline weasel

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:46:32 AM »
Hello Sami

After having increased funding to the campaigns, CI climed again (around 66), but then started to decrease below 60. Again, no changes done over this period. Schedules etc. all the same. So I again increased funding, wondering if I an get up to 70 again.

Would still assume that with the same founding, CI would remain +/- steady if fleet doesn't increase nor any schedules will change (delay situation remained the same).

Online bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 11:44:54 PM »
Check your staffing...you went from a plane with 4 pilots to a plane with 2

Offline weasel

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 07:17:47 PM »
Check your staffing...you went from a plane with 4 pilots to a plane with 2

Could be related to that, indeed, as I down-trained my excess pilots instead of firing them. I see i.e. saw a similar affect as described here: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php?topic=58894.new#new

Didn't relate the CI drop to the down-training at first. Or could i rather be the approx. 100 pilots idleing at full pay? :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 12:30:22 PM »
CI is related to marketing, delays and the number/morale of staff (first drives it up, others down). Random events increasing delays/cancellations have also a negative effect to the image, but not as high as "normal" delays.

- Punctuality of 95% and cancellations of 2% are normal values and do not have adverse effects on CI.
 - Re-training does not affect morale (nor CI)
 - Fleet size does not affect CI.
 - Adding more routes / frequencies will lead to increased need of marketing (= larger company, higher marketing costs). And marketing campaigns become relatively less effective the higher your CI is. So a $5000 campaign doesn't do much if you have CI80 but does quite much when you have CI-50.

Generally: CI moving about is normal... Changes in CI are slow.

Offline schro

• Members
Re: [-] Company image: slowly dropping despite (because of?) new fleet?
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 12:45:14 PM »
I don't think this case is closed though. In gw2, for the 6 months leading up to the end of the world as we know it, my airline no longer felt fine. I observed ci dropping slowly from 100 even though I had made no changes to the airline during that time and I had previously maintained a ci of 100 for several decades with those settings.

I consulted Lenny Bruce and Lester bangs, and they pointed out that if aircraft and is actually considered in the calculation like the company image page says it is, then perhaps the thousand plus old stored planes were impacting it.

Other than that, there's no reason I should have finished the game with less than a ci of 100.

Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean boom.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.