Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Anyone making large profits with medium jet aircrafts?  (Read 509 times)

Offline DrMccarthy

• Members
Anyone making large profits with medium jet aircrafts?
« on: March 12, 2015, 10:51:01 PM »
I am going for short-medium hauls and my fleet of Embraers 190 are giving me less than U$ 150 k weekly profit, while my ATRs are giving twice some times triple. I don`t get it...
The L.F. is about 98% and I am having regular price for most of the routes. The embs are flying routes between 750 and 1200 nm, every from the same model (emb 190 STD) with 96 - 100 seats. The time tables or schedules are "full", not having idle planes for longer periods...
So, is not recommended to use these types of aircraft anyway? Better paying larger ones? Whats the advantage of them then?

Thanks, 

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Anyone making large profits with medium jet aircrafts?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 01:05:57 AM »
First, if your planes are 98% full, then your prices are too low. Increase pricing 10%, see what happens. If your loads stay that full, increase another 5%, giving about a game month to settle between each boost. You'll run into issues over 30-40% most of the time.

Also, this thread can help you - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,57959.0.html

Flying embraers on ~1000nm routes is somewhat marginal from a profitability perspective. Smaller jets/regionaljets are far better at closer in stuff as far as making money. Larger jets benefit in that they typically have a smaller cost per seat (but, overall, a higher cost per trip). So, if your options are filling 2x dailiy E190's vs 1x daily A321, you will make more profit by just flying a single A321...

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Anyone making large profits with medium jet aircrafts?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 06:38:12 AM »
First, if your planes are 98% full, then your prices are too low. Increase pricing 10%, see what happens. If your loads stay that full, increase another 5%, giving about a game month to settle between each boost. You'll run into issues over 30-40% most of the time.

Also, this thread can help you - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,57959.0.html

+1. You need to adjusrt prices. If your plane is 100% more than 2 days in the week, you could definitively earn more. At 98%, I'd go for +20%. On that line. Unless you're on the crappiest seating setting, in which case I'd go up much slower, as advised by Schro. THere seems to be a limit above which LF drops drastically, and that seems to be lower with crappy seats.

Flying embraers on ~1000nm routes is somewhat marginal from a profitability perspective. Smaller jets/regionaljets are far better at closer in stuff as far as making money. Larger jets benefit in that they typically have a smaller cost per seat (but, overall, a higher cost per trip). So, if your options are filling 2x dailiy E190's vs 1x daily A321, you will make more profit by just flying a single A321...

...unless there is opposition. If my A148s begin to fly 2 daily flights against your lone A321, your profitability will plummet. You will still have(and I will probably have higher prices than you, meaning that you'll get 40 or even 50% of the traffick) some profitability, but not that much. While flying 2 E190s may dissuade me from entering the market.

So, an analysis of potiential opposition(both at home & at the target base) can be important in the choice. My A739 Flying between Glasgow & Belfast makes only trinkets because of the numerous opposing smaller planes. Unopposed, it would be near cheating in terms of income.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.