Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Help I can't seem to make money  (Read 1012 times)

Offline Wrenchguy56

• Members
Help I can't seem to make money
« on: February 27, 2015, 02:00:00 AM »
Any help would be great.     Elite airways.   I'm stumped
CEO ELITE Inc.

Offline Wrenchguy56

• Members
Re: Help I can't seem to make money
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 02:04:52 AM »
Staff salaries are 50% of my revenue but if I don't keep em fully staffed my planes get lots of delays by the time I do my aircraft maintenance every week I'm in the red.  Ugh.  Lol
CEO ELITE Inc.

Offline Wrenchguy56

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 02:18:11 AM »
And also if I don't have a good marketing campaign then my CI and ri drop very fast.   
CEO ELITE Inc.

Offline AppleBoss

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 07:44:45 PM »
After a quick look you started with good aircrafts but bith wrong routes. For régional  flying start with routes<200 miles. And go  further when your ci increase and that you print 💰
Florida and N.Y. Can wait.
Don't cut corners apart from your CEO salary (CEO does nothing anyway)

Usually it's better to stick with one fleet type up until you have 10 aircrafts.

Finally it's normal to burn cash at the beginning. You need to invest before making money.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 08:25:02 PM »
Had a moment to spare so looked up this myself too ..

- Base airport is a good choice probably with no major carriers and only one other airline

- Initial aircraft choices are not the best. You should stick to SINGLE fleet type. And making money with <20 seater planes is not easy. It's doable but not the easiest choice, so the Dash-8 is a better choice, get more of those.

- No active marketing campaings. Start one and mark it as 'permanent'. Don't over-do it to avoid too high costs. Company image on about 20 pts is enough for a small regional airline.

- Would not worry with fuel hedges, since fuel bill with turboprops is small.

- Route image on many routes is still poor. It takes up to 1+ game years to reach 100%, so you will just have to open the routes and STICK with them to see rise in sales. Don't jump back and forth to different destinations as that will cost you in slots and possibly marketing etc.

- Try to stick with relatively short routes (<500 nm) since that's what those planes are made for.

- Schedules are inefficient with even 60 mins ground time for B1900. It needs no more than 25.. This means 1-2 extra flights per day! Same for the Dash-8.

- You should NOT ever buy outright the planes when you start. Lease instead.

- Initially it's wise not to fly to the big hubs, since usually the demand is already met and slots are expensive. If possible focus on smaller routes and airports. But use big airports too if no choices...

- The airline is only 3 months old and you need about 6 months to be profitable on small operations. So patience.

Offline Wrenchguy56

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 11:59:12 PM »
thanks guys great advice !    keep it coming...
CEO ELITE Inc.

Offline Charlie

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 04:55:07 AM »
I'm the same I cant seem to make profit either I've got good short routes but I'm not making any money at all, how do I make money for new airline? Oh and by the way its Southern Air out of Christchurch. I also have 2 aircraft and one on order but can't seem to make profit even with three routes and one ready for the on order aircraft.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 04:59:52 AM by Charlie »

Offline Seven

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 09:31:12 PM »
Hi Charlie,

A small airliner have relatively high cost as your base,staff,the starting loan etc.
It take a few more planes and routes to make a profite.
Don´t use the minimum turn around times as your flight delays goes quickly to 40/60 but don´t take long turn around times either so you can utalize your planes higher.

Good luck

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.