Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: route over supply  (Read 530 times)

Offline Wrenchguy56

• Members
route over supply
« on: February 25, 2015, 10:37:07 PM »
im really frustrated right now maybe someone can help me here   i made a new flight where the supply was 90 pax a day  there was 1 other airline flying this route and only had a 40 pax plane     so i added one flight with my own 40 pax plane and i got yelled at for over supply   grrrrr....    so i close the route and much to my surprise after paying for slots when i opened the route  somehow i got charged for the same slots when i returned them to the airport..... is that right cause i dont think thats fair at all and not the way that would work in the real world !     any help would be awesome :-\
CEO ELITE Inc.

Offline wildavidson

• Members
Re: route over supply
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:50:32 PM »
When you cancel routes, dont return slots to the public pool as if you do you lose them and need to pay again.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:54:15 PM »
Oversupply
1. you should not have got an oversupply warning with your 40 seats on a pax demand of 90
2. 10 other airlines could supply 40 seats each and you would still not get the warning as it is airline specific warning not route specific warning - the route may be grossly oversupplied but as long as everyone stayed below 180 seats individually supplied on a 90 pax demand then no individual airline will get the warning
3. the pax demand A-B may be 90 pax but what is the demand B-A as this is normally the issue
4. keep in mind that it is an average for the week and any individual day maybe 70-80 as an example instead of 90

Slots
1. if you checked the box 'keep slots' when you cancelled the route then you would not have to pay for them again at your A end as long as they are used in 2 game weeks
2. If you did not keep the slots, then they were returned to the slot pool and yes you would then have to buy them again

Offline Wrenchguy56

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 11:27:13 PM »
ok got everything but the slot situation     i gave them back and didnt open a new route but just by giving them back my route fees went from  -25,000 to -60,000    aka it charged me to give them back    thats where im confused   and i didnt think i should have gotten a route over supply either...least i can feel better about that one   even though i had to close down anyways   lol
CEO ELITE Inc.

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 12:09:20 AM »
From a bean counting perspective, the purchase of a slot is a non event, as it is treated as an asset (cash) exchanged for an intangible asset (slots). Intangible assets are held at book value and not depreciated. They only become an expense when disposed of, meaning when you lose them or return them. The return reduces your intangible assets by the amount paid and increases your slot expenses in a cashless transaction.

Offline Wrenchguy56

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 12:42:55 AM »
Ahh ok I see now.     Thanks guys.    This is still a learning thing for me.   Lol
CEO ELITE Inc.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.