Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: anyone done an engine conversion pre- / post- delivery //cost?  (Read 521 times)

Offline spiff23

• Members
anyone done an engine conversion pre- / post- delivery //cost?
« on: February 10, 2015, 02:29:53 AM »
Saw the DC-9-41 engine conversion opportunity.   Anyone done one of these engine conversions yet that can comment on merit of pre-delivery vs. post delivery conversion cost?

I can't tell if I'm losing my purchase discount if I change the order --relative to just waiting for delivery then changing.

Quoted pre delivery change price to the -11 engines is going to run about $600k per plane.   Anyone convert a DC-9 after delivery and remember the cost for a comparison?  (not sure if any current models qualify).

I can't tell if I'm just getting an engine cost quote or now the original discount is disappearing and I'm buying the plane at a higher cost as happens when you change a lease to purchase prior to delivery.

If no one knows, then I'll reply in a week or so as I'm inclined to wait and take my chance post-delivery (or try one of each to have my own answer).

Thanks

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: anyone done an engine conversion pre- / post- delivery //cost?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 02:50:48 AM »
The range increases by 50 Nm
The fuel consumption is 140 Kg/hr less
Is the conversion really worth the cost?

It is likely that you will lose your purchase discount
I make this comment not from 100% knowing but I am assuming you will, as most other changes made to waiting delivery aircraft DO negate any discounts

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.