Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Base Airport  (Read 515 times)

Offline Ace McCool

• Members
Base Airport
« on: January 21, 2015, 01:11:36 AM »
What is the policy/rule when an airline has a second base opened not even on the same continent as their 'home' base??

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Base Airport
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 01:40:39 AM »
From the manual

Your new base airport may only be in the same country as your HQ (home base) airport. Exception to this are areas with open aviation market / "single sky" (namely, European Union). So if you are based in Tokyo, Japan, you can open a base airport anywhere in Japan. If you are based in United Kingdom you can open a base anywhere in EU countries (including UK). But please note that intra-EU basing in foreign countries (cabotage) is available only after EU liberated the air traffic in 1997

Offline Ace McCool

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 02:06:00 AM »
.....hmmmm. I guess Guam is considered part of USA  :o  since I saw an airline there with a base in Las Vegas! :D

Offline Ace McCool

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 03:09:27 AM »
just found the answer to my own question. Indeed, Guam is 'part' of USA according to the rules.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »
That would be my Airline - Wontok  ;D

Online spiff23

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 12:25:27 AM »
Yes similar to Continental United ...Continetnal having long had a hub in Guam...or if US carrier wants a hub in Puerto Rico.

similarly a French airline could hub in Tahiti if I'm not mistaken

Where I think the issue was clarified is you can't be a French airline with a hub in Algeria anymore.  Technically you can at the start, but think the game is now set where when Algeria declares independence, the French airline gets kicked out.   Someone with more experience can comment, but that was a big forum issue in the first GW1.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.