Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: anti competitive  (Read 1181 times)

Offline tdf42

• Members
anti competitive
« on: January 20, 2015, 10:22:15 PM »
7 flights 2 with dep and arr after midnight to a destination with 250 pax expectation. round the clock flights at least 3 with dep and arr after midnight to a destination with 800 pax expectation. it kills the economics on the route, just asking, dont know what you are doing or a strategy?

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: anti competitive
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 06:48:17 PM »
Yea don't tell us which route you are talking about, right.

Offline tdf42

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 04:49:49 AM »
it was meant as a general statement of frustration because I am sure it happens game wide. 

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 09:21:40 AM »
It used to be a lot "worse". It was once possible to schedule multipule flights at the same time - well, it still is but they are heavily penalised at least. It's just a strategy of the game and at least there is the 200% cap (and an inter-alliance cap too).

Offline Kadachiman

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »
One of my posts cut and pasted from another thread as it is relevant here as well

Grossly oversupplying routes to force weaker competition into BK comes to mind immediately.

I see this type of comment made generally by newbies time and time again, and it simply is not correct.
It is very difficult if not impossible to bankrupt a well run airline......with emphasis on well run
As in any business world if a competitor can see a weakness in one of their competitors they will use that weakness to increase their business...that is life

Oversupply does not occur unless an individual airline exceeds greater than 200% supply to pax demand......and if they do they get an automatic system warning and if they chose to do nothing they will loose the slots on that route.

In the common case of many airlines supplying the max allowed seats.....then yes the route is oversupplied but not by any individual airline....so who is going to give up the route...YOU?

Do not confuse unfair and/of bullying play with aggressive play
If you want to be a bigger airline in this game then you have to 'COMPETE'

So instead of complaining......learn to play....because as I said...a well run airline is nearly impossible to bankrupt

The problem is that too many players leave themselves exposed by playing incorrectly...and then blame the good players for playing the game correctly
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:27:09 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 06:01:37 PM »
Very good post, Kadachiman.

I think the problem lies both in poor choice of airports (only 1 daily to most destinations possible) or the assumption that they should be able to supply multiple flights disregarding any competition.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 09:58:00 AM »
When a news company is arriving, it's perfectly possibl to kill it if you're already strong - and have smaller planes with enough range to attack ALL lines at the same time. I insist on smaller planes. It's tough & costly, as you'll be plagued by slow rate of new planes(you need a lot to sink your opponent) and increasing slot costs.

It's usually not worth the hassle, and unneeded anyways. the opportunity cost is too strong. It's more intelligent to open a new base elsewhere with more potential. In GW3, I've seen 7 opponents settle in Glasgow, after being first there. 6 BK'd without help from me(or just at the end, when they were already dying, ). The seventh is still alive, but not on the same market, and anyways, 75% of my traffick is in other bases. S, who cares? I've got 1 opponent in Bari, too, who is much more annoying, but he's got 7 bases - that means 6 I cannot attack. I can't kill him, he can't kill me. I've been stupid enough to lead a price war against him, but quickly gave up. It only killed my income without hurting him enough.

Offline tdf42

• Members

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 02:24:23 AM »
Thanks for your response and I hear you. Unlike the previous unwanted and ego driven  2 responses b4 you I appreciate this one.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.