Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Bases - no more aircraft allowed  (Read 600 times)

Offline marke144

• Members
Bases - no more aircraft allowed
« on: January 16, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »
Hi, I have my home base and 9 other bases. I am limited to 480 aircraft at bases other than my home base. My home base cannot be expanded any further as there are no viable routes left. There are many viable routes available at my other bases, but I just cannot add any more aircraft at them to expand further. Closing smaller routes and selling/storing aircraft just to be able to open a new route with a bigger aircraft does not make much sense. I have in effect reached the limit of the game - there seems no point to continue. Am I missing something? My home base is not one of the big airports, simply because I joined the game in 1982 and by then the large airports were pretty much saturated with operators. I think the game is great and would enjoy to continue, but not having the ability to expand further limits any further enjoyment. Any suggestions? Does upgrading the base sizes enable me to add more aircraft outside the my home base? thanks

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Bases - no more aircraft allowed
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
Does upgrading the base sizes enable me to add more aircraft outside the my home base?  No

there seems no point to continue
- Upgrade aircraft
- Purchase aircraft
- Increase utilisation
- Consolidate fleet

Plenty left to do ... just not the thrill of expanding to all points on the compass

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 05:36:15 PM »
The total a/c limit goes up bit by bit when the game progresses (later year = more planes allowed).

And I'm sure that a company with 9 bases (whoa!) etc. has quite much to fiddle with ..

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 08:24:33 AM »
Time for optimization : close the worse lines & open better ones(with less oppositin, for example).

Offline Southsky

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 11:46:31 PM »
How about the ability to move your HQ to one of your base airports?

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 07:36:01 AM »
Sorry, I know this is an old thread...

Does anybody know for sure how the calculation is performed for the maximum number of aircraft allowed at bases?

I have maxed out on this for the first time ever.  Does it depend at all on how many aircraft I have at my home base or how many bases I have? I currently have my home base and just one other.  If I open a third, will I be allowed more aircraft or not?  Does the number increase purely over time or due to any other things I might not have considered?

EDIT:  To be honest I think the number allowed has just actually DECREASED  :o   I did some re-jigging of schedules and I'm pretty sure I didn't add any extra aircraft but I found myself having to close a few routes and move three aircraft out of the base.  Has anybody ever seen that happen?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.