Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Multiple Alliance members with the same base  (Read 988 times)

Offline robmck

• Members
Multiple Alliance members with the same base
« on: January 11, 2015, 11:09:11 AM »

I was wondering if the game rules allowed multiple alliance members to each of the same base of operations. Not the same HQ, but all use the same base, and thus squeeze out competition from other players?

The current situation at DME is a good example, with three airlines from the same alliance vying for passengers.

All the best

Rob McK

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
Re: Multiple Alliance members with the same base
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 12:07:50 PM »
No they may not - this is against gamerules

Change to game rules: Two airlines of the same alliance may not base at the same airport. This goes for both HQ airports and for additional bases. The rule is currently enforced manually so please report if violations are seen. The rule applies to any new game worlds only, and to all existing long game worlds from 1.1.2015 onwards. [this rule will be re-visited again after the new demand systems are brought online]

This update is from the 21st November 2014 http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,26356.160.html

Offline Kadachiman

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 03:49:09 PM »
I have just become aware of 2 of our members operating out of the same airport (KLAX) therefore have removed one member from our alliance as per game rules.
I was very surprised that this has been the case for 4 game years and no-one noticed and / or informed the alliance managers.

Offline Helix

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 09:17:30 PM »
Perhaps the Alliance logo could be added left of the airline name on the airport information page. There is a little space left and you'd see on an instant if a member of your alliance is already based there without the need to "keep track"

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 07:12:07 AM »
Perhaps the Alliance logo could be added left of the airline name on the airport information page. There is a little space left and you'd see on an instant if a member of your alliance is already based there without the need to "keep track"

That's a good idea, same way it's displayed on the route planning screens.

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 08:02:09 PM »

That's a good idea I had the same problem of two members at the same airport, one of them resigned but if the alliance icon was on the people that are based at the airport already it would be a great help.

Good idea alert Sami

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 08:21:26 PM »
Just start a new topic in the feature request forum with the request and I'm sure he'll get right on it ;-)

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 09:09:11 PM »
personally I don't think it is a huge issue, to the point that the admin should implement changes to the page while it should be alliance manager taking 2 minute to find out, or the said member to take a look who is based there before opening a page. The time it takes to implement changes can be used on new features that is actually useful.

As for why the person in gw1 lax did not get reported? I think more then likely the airline there did not even care or it would have been reported.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.