Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: What new base?  (Read 255 times)

Offline ajalil

• Members
What new base?
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:16:31 AM »
I started off in current BW a bit late with my current airline, (coz i bankrupted a few hehe..) by that time most of the large EUR airports were occupied with one or more airlines based/HQ there. So I started of on the outskirt with TFS and then ALC.

By this time there are almost no airports left with large demand only smaller insignificant airports left, and even then, they have already oversupplied routes to most large destinations. So my options for opening up a new base are now limited, and with current bases/HQ I've created routes that were possible.

I am afraid entering a large airport with lots of airlines already well established will kill my airline, because it will take long time before I can get public to fly my aircrafts and where demand is already met, or oversupplied, I will sit here with 30 - 50% LF.

Should I try to enter one airport with competitive market? Or shall I just leave the airline running as it is? I think I still have one bankrupcy left, before I have to pay charges again to join game... but even if it does not work and I restart, I will still not have many options to start off from... Most airports that are left unattended right now are smaller onces like RYG, SVG, etc where you cannot operate A320, only smaller aircrafts like ATRs...

Suggestions anyone?
Regards,

Ajalil

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: What new base?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:54:03 PM »
RJs or turboprops are perfectly legit options. You are smaller, but it also allows you to attack bigger lines.

Imagine a line with 2 737 & 250 pax of potential. You arrive with 2 CRJ200(52 seaters)flights. As you are now 50% of the flights offered, 50% of 250 is 125, and you are just offering 104 seats. So you are stealing other's customers.

of course, it works only if (1) the line is short enough (no "your plane is too small warning") and (2) slot prices are not insane.

I've done it a lot in GW3, it was done against me also(with EMB120), it works rather well.

NB : your cost per pax is superior, so you have to be more careful with route choice.

Offline ajalil

• Members
Re: What new base?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 07:09:49 PM »
Hey, Thanks.
I zoomed into the airline-map and found out that there are quite a few significant cities in EUR left, which has not been based yet. So I opened a new medium base for now, and I have plenty of routes left with demand, but no supply. So I guess there is always room for improvement, even though its smaller airports. But for a medium size base its ok. I cannot expect intercontinental flights from there.

But taking your advise into consideration, I have started making routes to where demand is already met to see if I can compete with other airlines, with smaller aircrafts (CRJ/ATR)
Regards,

Ajalil

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.