Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Bagdad a Bad HQ?  (Read 604 times)

npercy1

• Former member
Bagdad a Bad HQ?
« on: January 02, 2015, 03:05:38 AM »
I've started an airline in Bagdad Iraq, and I'm slightly worried about my ability to grow here for the following reasons:
1) currently there are no other Iraqi airports
2) in the 90s and 2000's there was a UN ban on iraqi flights, as they were at war with the US/UK.
Does this real world scenario occur in game? If two countries are at war are flights between them banned, or is the demand going to drop? Also, if I make it to the point of establishing a second base, I believe I am limited to iraq. Am I wrong?

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Bagdad a Bad HQ?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 03:10:14 AM »
I've started an airline in Bagdad Iraq, and I'm slightly worried about my ability to grow here for the following reasons:
1) currently there are no other Iraqi airports
2) in the 90s and 2000's there was a UN ban on iraqi flights, as they were at war with the US/UK.
Does this real world scenario occur in game? If two countries are at war are flights between them banned, or is the demand going to drop? Also, if I make it to the point of establishing a second base, I believe I am limited to iraq. Am I wrong?

In short: you're boned.

Demand drops to zero in the early 90's and does not return.

For the numbers, I just looked in other game worlds. You might do OK if you have about 3 Herons available at your disposal. LAX-SDA demand in 1982 is ~90/day, drops to 0 in 2001, increases to 16 in 2020. To LHR, you're looking at 6/day in 2001 and 29/day in 2020.

npercy1

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 03:12:30 AM »
I had a feeling it wasn't the best choice!

Thanks for the response

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 03:19:01 AM »
06-Oct-1982
Air Iraq has been put into bankruptcy today by the airline CEO. All operations of this airline are ceased, all staff will be fired, and all assets and aircraft are returned to their owners or to creditors.

Air Iraq operated from Baghdad (ORBI / SDA) airport and had a fleet of 5 aircraft in operation at the time of the closure.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 01:36:10 PM »
You should make money and then become a leasing company without flying planes. Perfectly suitable for Iraq ;)

Offline azdozer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 03:29:28 PM »
Maybe you'll have better luck in North Korea?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.