Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: constantly reload thıs page ıs not allowed message to open airport slots  (Read 2004 times)

can

• Former member
what ıs thıs?any idea
I am effecting for about 5 hours
Is thıs bug? or is there any rule that i mıssed?
 i am not using any reload device.

can

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:21:13 PM by can »

Offline SAC

• Members
Re: constantly reload thıs page ıs not allowed message to open airport slots
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 09:05:53 PM »
It means constantly re-loading to often that page is frowned upon...you'll be locked out of it now until mid 2016  ;D
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
A change made due to some players using the F5 button to constantly refreshing to gain slots
Do a search on F5 to find the threads on this topic

can

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 09:34:16 PM »
I am not angry ı like thıs game but this gives to my competıtor  advantage

I am ready to locked out forever if they don' t give me any good reason :(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 09:51:35 PM »
Just give it a rest for a while, a few hours, and it will open again. (may be a bit longer if you have reloaded te page really extensively and for a longer period of time)

This is made to protect the system from people trying to abuse it in order to gain information perhaps automatically when new slots are available.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 09:59:41 PM »
How does it give them an advantage?
They have to play under the same rules as you do

can

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 10:15:48 PM »
locking my page 10 hours will give them advantage yes it is
what is rule ? 2press 3press ....... for 15... 33.... sec
why you locked my page?
do you have any ıdea about how ıt works in real life?
i mean slot system?

Offline Elouda

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 10:19:57 PM »
It would be nice to know exactly what the limit is, somewhat like for the used aircraft market. I accidentally went over it earlier today, and despite it saying 'wait 10 minutes' was probably locked out for over an hour. Of course, at this point RJTT went from 11 slots to 12, and I only found out after it was too late.

I definitely agreed that as a mechanic its needed, just wishing for a little more transparency and control.

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 02:41:18 AM »
the general rule of thumb is, if you are locked, go sleep, and by the time you wake up you get your slot page back. Or else you will be itching to refresh and incur a longer penalty.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 08:17:06 AM »
So let me summarise your complaint to see if I have it correct

1. You tried to gain an unfair advantage over your competitors by constantly refreshing the slots page
2. The system locked you out as it is designed to do, as it is set up to prevent a player taking an unfair advantage
3. You are now complaining because - due to your actions you have now given your competitor the advantage

Is that correct?

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 08:19:17 AM by Kadachiman »

Solemus

• Former member

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 09:01:21 PM »
Nicely put Kadachiman

Now Can, will you please accept the answers you have been given and please give it a rest, you are getting so damn boring with your constant  whinging, you're giving me a headache

Merry Christmas  :)

Online Adam42185

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 11:35:37 PM »
the general rule of thumb is, if you are locked, go sleep, and by the time you wake up you get your slot page back. Or else you will be itching to refresh and incur a longer penalty.

Then the message shouldn't say that it will be back in 10 minutes.  Anyways, my issue is that I got locked out of the slot screen just for looking at the airport information screen.  I waited about half an hour and I'm still locked out.  This is frustrating.  It would be helpful to have an indication as to how many times you can access the page each game day (similar to calls to the used a/c market).  My issue is more that I just get locked out without knowing where the threshold is, not that the limit exists.

Offline Elouda

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 03:26:04 AM »
If the 'Airport Information' page is counted thats doubly frustrating as I have to pass through that several times to do other things (like look at competitors for example), which means those 'uses' are wasted.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 04:23:25 AM »
If the 'Airport Information' page is counted thats doubly frustrating as I have to pass through that several times to do other things (like look at competitors for example), which means those 'uses' are wasted.

There are other ways to view competitors.... Protip- http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline

Offline Elouda

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2014, 04:32:53 AM »
There are other ways to view competitors.... Protip- http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Info/Airline

I am aware, but particularly when you have 3 or more based at the same airport that you keep an eye on, by far the most convenient way is to use the airport page. So not really a 'protip' since its an inefficient way of doing the same.

In any case, I figure if I just leave it open as a tab and don't refresh it, and just use the links to open up competitor airline info in new tabs, it shouldn't count against the limit since its not being 'updated'.

Offline Atlantica

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2014, 02:19:25 PM »
 I have been locking too and I believe it's more than 10 minutes.  >:(

Offline apenfold

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 07:01:00 PM »
And just to add my voice to the torrential downpour, I too have been blocked from my local airports slot page!  :o

I'm not especially upset but it has highlighted to me the problems with the system as it stands currently.

Based at EGKK/LGW I am at an airport with reasonably significant slot congestion. I was not however refreshing the page to see if more slots were available, in my case, I visited the page a number of times whilst putting together schedules for three new aircraft, requiring me to view the page a number of times to see which hours I could actually have my aircraft depart.

Contrary to the interpretations of the algorithm, I was not refreshing the page to gain an uncompetitive advantage, so as to see when a whole new set of slots were available, but simply refreshing the page a few times (through my own mistakenly closing the separate window as is my habit) to see what time slots are available.

The other problem, as already highlighted, is that there are no indications as to when it will again be possible to access the slot page. Or perhaps more accurately, the stated time is not in fact accurate.

Problem 1 - There is no clear rule on how many times you can access the page in a given period.
Problem 2 - The indication of when access will be permitted again is inaccurate.
Problem 3 - Checking the page again after 10 minutes *seems* to cause the period of your being blocked to be extended (this I do think is unfair)

All that being said, I'm not too worried, just chilling for a few hours before I try and gain access again.  :)

Offline spiff23

• Members
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 05:12:49 AM »
Apenfold's post +1

I do think that is an issue at certain very slot congested airports.  Even if you are not based thre, I have locked myself out doing the exact same thing trying to research/build plane schedules.  Agree it's not the end of the world, but this is, perhaps, an unintended consequence of fixing one serious issue.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 11:59:50 AM »
Just a tip.  I have three airways window open together.  One for Routes Planning, One for Schedules at the base airport, and that alternates with the aircraft I'm working with at the time, as each route is assigned I switch those two windows.
I am NOT constantly searching for new routes so I have never been locked out.

Perhaps the game rules need amending so bids can be placed against the new slots for airlines based at that airport prior to going public rather than just floating them on the new market at old prices.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 12:01:40 PM »
if it says 10 minutes it should count down from that minute so its clear when one can access again.
Stop this nonsense

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.