Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Haystack called. Wants its needle back. (Part 2)  (Read 858 times)

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
[ok] Haystack called. Wants its needle back. (Part 2)
« on: December 21, 2014, 04:12:57 AM »
Episode IV, The ramp check strikes back.

It is a dark time for the airlines. Although the previous bug has been destroyed, game mechanics have driven airline CEOs from their hidden base and pursued them across the galaxy. Evading the dreaded Ramp Check, a group of freedom fighters led by Schro have established a new bug report on the remote ice world of AirwaySim. The evil lord Sami, obsessed with finding young Schro, has dispatched many lines of code into the far reaches of space.....

Anyhow, to be more specific, the change that was made to make the B check happen every 4 weeks did NOT resolve the initial bug that I reported. Specifically, my issue was during a large fleet transition of hundreds of planes, it becomes inevitable that a few of the planes are fresh out of C check, thus, the B check automatically button is not configured when scheduling maintenance on it. Secondarily, it is often NOT available due to being performed so recently. Based upon the assertion through the change made as a result of the previous bug report, I opted to trust the auto-population of the B check box as the move to the every 4 week B check was described as "So this basically covers this too" as being the solution to my ailments.

Oh how I was oh so wrong. I encountered two separate issues with this approach. First, I had a frame here and there that had an expired check that the dashboard warning was giving to me the shifty eyes that I had something flying with expired MX. This led me back to the original bug report's problem (linked in the prologue above) of sifting through hundreds of plane schedules to find the offender. Second, I incurred two different ramp checks for an expired B check. I was not as diligent logging back into this game world due to array of proton torpedoes that I was launching in other game worlds, thus, what appears to have happened is that I trusted the new rolling 4 week maintenance to cover me, when in fact the B check expired say, 3 weeks after I first scheduled it on say, a Monday, I got ramp checked on a Tuesday and it received scheduled MX on Wednesday. If I had B-checked it the day it went into service (or had been able to), then this ramp check would have never happened.

Regardless, this particular use case continues to be flawed from a usability and common sense perspective.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:59:55 PM by sami »

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: Haystack called. Wants its needle back. (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 11:20:31 PM »
i think one of the easy way to fix problem 1 is to add a filter(obviously not by us) in the aircraft page, where it display aircraft that has check expires should not include aircraft that does not have route scheduled. by doing that it will only show aircraft that has schedule and expired check.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 03:41:20 AM »
Or, just don't penalize player if the aircraft has the B check scheduled, no matter how overdue it is.  If it is scheduled, it will be performed within 7 days anyway.

Also, if the B check is scheduled (and overdue, according to the system), it should not even trigger the warning (on the Dashboard screen, it is ok to have it on the scheduling screen).  Only penalize and warn when aircraft has some routes schedules, and does not have a B check scheduled.

The same should apply for A checks.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 06:19:10 PM »
On all Checks the higher check should reset all lower ones.  I hope the 'D' check resets (includes all aspects of) 'C' etc etc. 
Should 'C' also reset the 'B' counter and 'B' reset the 'A' counters.
(Maybe 'D'/'C' needs to include a ten day 'A' to avoid repeating downtimes).

11Air

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 06:30:31 PM »
On all Checks the higher check should reset all lower ones.  I hope the 'D' check resets (includes all aspects of) 'C' etc etc. 

It has always done that. D check includes C,B,A .. and so forth

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.