Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Initial funds  (Read 971 times)

Offline armadillomaster

• Members
Initial funds
« on: December 19, 2014, 07:41:14 PM »
I have just started in game world 1, it said initial funds 1.1m and loan of 1.3m but i only have 1.3m to spend. Is it an issue or am i missing something?

Offline Roman Davydov

• Members
Re: Initial funds
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 08:33:15 PM »
same happens with me

Offline Adam42185

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 09:12:30 PM »
I think it is that your initial funds are 1.3M, 1.1M of which is a loan.  That what I got, at least.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 09:52:16 PM »
From game description: "Your initial capital is 85% loan, 15% own capital."

Offline Caesar7

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 11:13:04 AM »
and the problem is no funds left for further a/c and expenses are going to erase the little money left. With some 60 USD average per ticket not much you can do to expand  :o

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 09:21:15 AM »
So you think building an airline from scratch us easy. At least all the competition is in the same boat, ambitious owners bought expensive aircraft now they have to make money, just like the rest of us.  The wise choices will soon come to the top.  Lessons to be learnt here.

I was a little disappointed to find the routes and slots I bough in Day 1 were removed because I hadn't used them by day Wed 17th. I expected to order planes on day 2 but family stuff delayed me by a real day.  Buying again has limited me to only one and a half weeks of routes for my 2 new 2nd hand planes.
Another lesson learnt.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 09:30:53 AM »
It is actually against the game rules to pre-buy slots as it is a anticompetitive practice.......e.g. Heathrow slots are highly sort after

I think it boils down to the fact that you should only buy slots once the plane has arrived on your scheduling screen e.g. 2 weeks prior to flying

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
I do like the 'low start-up' funds concept though as it should level out the field during the initial few days...but the best players will still rise to the top...as it should be

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »
The startup funds are actually on the high side compared to standard settings. That 1.3mil in year 1960 equals to about 10.5 mil in 2014.

But in any case the funds are always scaled so that you have the chance to lease two to three medium sized (jet) planes from the used market to get started, or one longhauler.

Offline armadillomaster

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 08:17:34 AM »
I just mis read it i think.

I'm having no problems other than PMI being competitive

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 05:30:24 PM »
I think Sami has got it about right, if you don't choose the right base, and buy the right plane, you are not going to be able to expand.  Even with good choices at least there are slots at the usual lock out airports.

Well done again Sami and Team.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.