Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Game world on very hard mode ?  (Read 1645 times)

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Game world on very hard mode ?
« on: December 17, 2014, 01:13:43 AM »
Are you trying to kill as many players as possible to get them in the new world starting monday Sami ?.

Fuel is high and seems only to go one way, plane leases is high planes is nearly impossibel to sell, and demand is growing very slow compared to other game worlds at same era.

And not forgetting that staff still wants big pay raises every year from companys not making a penny.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:01:57 AM by [ATA] Sunbao »

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: Game world on very hard mode ?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 03:59:53 AM »
I'm curious to know how hard the game is you're talking about. Care giving some figures to elaborate your claim?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »
Are you trying to kill as many players as possible to get them in the new world starting monday Sami ?.

Completely incorrect.

All of the game settings are programmed when the game is created. (They can be modified later but I don't usually do that)

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 12:19:17 PM »
Completely incorrect.

All of the game settings are programmed when the game is created. (They can be modified later but I don't usually do that)

i know Sami, was joking by setting it up that way.

But world seems more difficult than usually atm around half the players is making no profit.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »
Basically the way the game is set now is that if you have 1 decent competitor, you cannot survive.. it's creating big monopolies in big bases..

Just to give you an example.

I run 3 fleets with mix of 722adv/732adv and mostly DC8-supersixties in 1980.
having 17.4hrs of utilisation. If I owned all my fleet (which I dont), I would still be losing money each week. (even though I have market share lead) This is because there are 2 major players in our base and both of us are now losing money as a result.
but even with competition, it's the first time i've seen that an airline would be losing money with 3 fleet types, even if the fleet was 100% owned.

I'm not complaining as it's a nice challenge but just wanted to share the fact that this is probably one of the most challenging periods in a long gw I've ever witnessed.

I can see on Friday a mass exodus from this gw and everyone jumping into the new one.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 03:45:42 PM »
What's the cause, fuel prices or what? (as otherwise the economic settings are pretty much default, apart from higher demand vs. real life for the period)

But having two very strong airlines is also a hard case, since when both have had a good initial start and have much capital to spend, you'll fly each and every route possible and might lead to a situation where you are slowly killing each others..

edit: oh yea, fuel is very high at the moment I see.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 04:30:19 PM »
What's the cause, fuel prices or what? (as otherwise the economic settings are pretty much default, apart from higher demand vs. real life for the period)

But having two very strong airlines is also a hard case, since when both have had a good initial start and have much capital to spend, you'll fly each and every route possible and might lead to a situation where you are slowly killing each others..

edit: oh yea, fuel is very high at the moment I see.

Fuel has been virtually free for the entire game and this is the first big spike. Most game worlds have a few smaller spikes that thin the weak airlines out much earlier on. Most of the airlines suffering are from flying every route and slowly killing each other and/or poor strategic decisions (or a combination thereof). I currently do not see anything to complain about as the fuel spike will likely correct itself after the poorly run airlines are removed from the market.

For me, I would be quite profitable if I owned my entire fleet, even with this fuel level and competition....

Offline Pukeko

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 06:23:15 PM »
Bring on higher fuel prices I say...let the fun begin. I'm actually enjoying it...and yes my profit margins are starting to struggle.

Offline [ATA] frimp

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 07:17:42 PM »
As I mentioned before it's indeed a good challenge but I'm just wondering that with a new GW starting this weekend, whether or not this will just mean the end of GW2 and see the number of players drop from 300ish to around 150ish in quite a rapid fashion, which is not ideal for the ultra long gameworlds.

Offline Pukeko

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 08:06:38 PM »
As I mentioned before it's indeed a good challenge but I'm just wondering that with a new GW starting this weekend, whether or not this will just mean the end of GW2 and see the number of players drop from 300ish to around 150ish in quite a rapid fashion, which is not ideal for the ultra long gameworlds.

It seems to be the natural number of airlines for these long game worlds...stabilising at about 300 then tailing off in the last 10 or so years. It is actually a very good time to start, early 80s, lots of planes available, lots of bankruptcys etc., pax increasing dramatically. But then the draw of the new game world (as you say) is likely to be high. I'd like to see more of the 'challenges' implemented mid game world to encourage new entrants... I only think we ever had one. Sami, any plans for more?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 08:12:37 PM »
I'd like to see more of the 'challenges' implemented mid game world to encourage new entrants...

Feel free to throw in ideas.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 08:18:46 PM »
Feel free to throw in ideas.

All he needs to do is open a new feature request in that forum, eh?

<ducks>

Offline Pukeko

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 08:25:59 PM »
A few quick ideas:

-Fastest growing airline in the 80s in terms of % pax increase (would probably benefit new commers who would start at zero pax)
-Greatest increase in airline score in a 5, 10, 15... year period (again would benefit new commers who would start at zero)

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 08:33:57 PM »
It seems to be the natural number of airlines for these long game worlds...stabilising at about 300 then tailing off in the last 10 or so years. It is actually a very good time to

Yes but we only have 300 now with half of those loosing money atm and a new game world opening soon we can probally expect to se a big number of players move on to the new game world.
Then we have an very empty game world with 50 years play time left.

Offline Pukeko

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 08:59:59 PM »
Yes but we only have 300 now with half of those loosing money atm and a new game world opening soon we can probally expect to se a big number of players move on to the new game world.
Then we have an very empty game world with 50 years play time left.

Maybe... but I'd hazard a guess that players in GW2 who have just endured buidling up an airline from the 60s really don't want to start afresh with DC6s and DC3s, just when the 'real' planes are arriving. But that's my opinion of course.

Offline Xflash

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »
I hope the fuelprice will go down in the next weeks, I own my hole fleet and use only 2 types (F27 + 727-100) and i only make a profit of 8.36% with a LF of nearly 80%.

The fuelprice got up nearly 2,5 times within 18 month from 120$ dec. 79 to 283 $ in Jun 80
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:59:44 PM by Xflash »

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 08:20:27 PM »
Several big BK's should open the game up a bit.

Offline Teemu

• Members
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 07:01:35 PM »
For small fry like me. The fuel is killing me. I don't have any competition at all and still I'm not making money. I do hope that the fuel price goes down...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 07:06:07 PM by Teemu »

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2014, 01:10:36 AM »
For small fry like me. The fuel is killing me. I don't have any competition at all and still I'm not making money. I do hope that the fuel price goes down...
If you don't have competition and still struggling with making profit, you've done something wrong (wrong A/C choice, wrong routes choice, etc...), or at least not as efficient as you should have (inefficient schedule, too much marketing, too many fleets, etc...)

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 01:20:51 AM »

your problem is having 7 aircrafts and 4 aircraft types. And started on an airport without real future. I strongly suggest get a mentor, get more info about the game, and then consider restart in a better airport.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.