Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Unusual results from SCEL  (Read 1499 times)

Offline SteveHunt

• Members
Unusual results from SCEL
« on: December 12, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »
I have been flying B737 routes out of SCEL with some success all over South America, and right up to the edge of their range into the Caribbean basin. I have been able to get high LFs and decent returns on all the routes, except for SCEL-MROC. The flying time is shorter than other routes I run with the B737, and there is no competition on the route, yet the LF has been consistently below 30%. CI is currently 51%.

Some details:

SCEL-MROC 2315-0425
MROC-SCEL 0535-1500
RI: 87%

The outbound arrival times are no different from other similar length sectors, which show LFs well above 80%. e.g.

SCEL-SVMI 2115-0425
SVMI-SCEL 0535-1250
RI: 80%

Can one of the accredited masters of AWScraft (or indeed sami) help with this? It's the first time I've seen such odd behaviour. I'm going to try a different time of day, and will return with details when I have been able to make a comparison.

sami

The airport on Easter Island (IPC/SCIP) seems a bit unusual in the range of aircraft it can handle when compared with airports with similar runways:

Incidentally, SCIP was listed as an emergency landing strip for the space shuttle, after having its runway extended in the 1980s. LAN presently flies the route with 767-300ERs. Can this airport be upgraded to match its RL capability?

Offline SteveHunt

• Members
Re: Unusual results from SCEL
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 12:19:31 PM »
I've retimed the SCEL-MROC flights to operate during daylight hours, and route image is now at 100%, but the LF is still oddly very low.

I am still the only operator on this route

At the "Open route" page, I get a warning that the B737 is too small for this route, even though the sector length is shorter than other similar pairs I fly with the same equipment, e.g. SCEL-TFFF, SCEL-TBPB, SCEL-MHRO. Could the low LFs be the result of a small plane penalty? It's not immediately clear why it applies on this route and not on others of similar length.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 05:45:01 PM »
Would be helpful if the various penalties applied to a flight where shown explicitly. Possibly with a function to search flights with penalties.

But it seems that the Sami philosophy is to obligate the players to check thousands of pages manually (see the absurd search for routes with demand)  ;)

Anyway, the parameters to apply the penalties is  not only the distance. It is considered also the actual demand. So for two similar LH routes, one with 300 pax and one with 150, the penalties may be apply to the first but not to the second.

I don't know if anyone have a formula to calculate when the penalties apply.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 10:33:36 AM »
Possibly the runway length is limiting the MTOW of the aircraft, impacting on Fuel and Pax.  A correction to the runway length should revise this.

Offline SteveHunt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 06:38:49 AM »
I ended up running A330s on the SCEL-MROC route, and the effect of the penalty disappeared.

Anyway, the parameters to apply the penalties is  not only the distance. It is considered also the actual demand. So for two similar LH routes, one with 300 pax and one with 150, the penalties may be apply to the first but not to the second.

I don't know if anyone have a formula to calculate when the penalties apply.

I recognise this now.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 08:03:04 AM »
I learned it the hard way, flying CRJs or A148s on transatlantic routes works only on very small lines(i.e. there is no place for a 737). Flying a 737 on a line big enough for a 767 is punished the same way.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.