Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft maintenaince  (Read 220 times)

Offline ajalil

• Members
Aircraft maintenaince
« on: December 03, 2014, 11:06:04 AM »
Hey,

I have fleet of A320 and ATR42s (flynor)
I have extra ATR42s at the moment, coz they are cheap to buy so whenever C check is getting close, I re-base and switch the schedule so I always have an aircraft on the routes.

How ever A320s I do not have any backup. They are all on lease. I want your advice that If I lease an additional A320 for "backup" purpose, I do not have any routes to put A320 in at the moment. So it will simply be a spare aircraft with running cost, but no income.

How do I calculate if it is cheaper for me not to fly the route during C check, due to cost of extra aircraft, or is it better for me to lease an additional aircraft for C checks to save the loss of pax/revenue.

Also if this has any effect on Company or route image because A320 C check is 14 days. A route that is not flown for 14 days in a row in real life would have made very bad impression about the airline. B checks is bad enough (24 hours).

Is there an automatic setting to schedule another aircraft during B or C checks if you have a spare aircraft stationed at the base?
Regards,

Ajalil

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Aircraft maintenaince
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 12:18:04 PM »
1. Back-up A320 = No
2. switch the routes on your existing A320's so that the lower income routes are on the C Check plane and not the plane with higher income is a a good idea for a small airline (too much work for a big airline)
3. No effect on CI or RI for planes in maintenance
4. No auto schedule...all manual (hence why it is too much work for a big airline)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.