Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Scheduling?  (Read 668 times)

Offline crimsonsand

• Members
Scheduling?
« on: November 29, 2014, 07:02:14 PM »
Hello

I am fairly new to this and after a couple of bankrupt airlines I am trying again till I learn how to use the system. I am doing my scheduling for my new routes but I am not quite understanding the departure times I got one flight from my home base in San Fran going to JFK departs everyday at the following times:

Flight duration: 09:30 - 23:15 (13h 45')
Earliest possible next departure: 01:05

I am now trying to make a route from SFO to Atlanta at 1:05 as it says that is my next possible departure but when I schedule that it gives me an overlap error Cannot assign this route for this aircraft. The route would overlap another flight or maintenance check already in the schedule.

Please assign the route to another aircraft or change the route days or departure times.

The (first) overlap is at We / 09:30.

I tried with everyday and it gives me that overlap I don't get how since I choose the departure time possible? am I not understanding the departure time clock cause its confusing?

Offline Adam42185

• Members
Re: Scheduling?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 09:26:19 PM »
It's overlapping at the other end.  Look at the next available departure for the SFO-ATL-SFO leg, and it will be after 930.  You can't put both of those routes on one plane in a 24 hour span.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 03:38:47 PM »
1. arriving at 23:15 or departing at 01:05 is a bad move in this game as passengers prefer not to land or depart between the hours of 23:00 to 5:00, therefore your airline will not attract the most pax that you otherwise could

2. using minimum turn around times is also a bad move as you will end up with many delayed or cancelled flights which will have a negative effect on your Company Image (CI) and less pax will choose to fly with your airline

3. your question ... your earliest departure is 01:05 (110 mins after landing at 23:15) therefore your latest arrival back at SFO has to be at 07:40 (110 mins before your departure at 09:30) my guess is that your problem is there

In the case you stated you would be best to fly the SFO to ATL flight to depart prior to 23:00 and arrive after 05:00 and find a flight to fit the gap leaving Saturday as your B check day

a. keep an eye on all 4 critical times and ensure none are in the 23:00 to 05:00 'dead time'
- dept SFO
- arrive at ATL
- dept ATL
- arrive SFO

b. allow turn around times to give you <1% of possible delayed or cancelled flights....likely to be 165 minutes for the plane you are using (my guess)
- 165 mins between arriving at ATL and dept SFO
- 165 mins between arriving at SFO and dept on your next route

c. B check on Saturday as it is normally the lowest pax demand day from the week
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 03:58:13 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline crimsonsand

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 08:33:10 PM »
Okay so I got this route going

KSFO - KJFK  0900-1740 
KJFK - KSFO  1930-2245 
Days: -234567 

When should I schedule the next I was to do SFO to Chicago O hare!

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 08:41:27 PM »
It is very hard to help you as I can't see your airline

What type of plane?
What turn-around times?
etc
etc

What you should do is request a Mentor as they can access your airline and give more accurate advice
Unfortunately I can't mentor you as I have an airline in GW #4

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2014, 12:19:27 PM »
(.../...)c. B check on Saturday as it is normally the lowest pax demand day from the week

Very true, though sometimes there are exceptions. Last time I made a flight to Damascus in GW3(From Nürnberg, I think), there was no available slot on monday. A & B check on monday while the bird is grounded, then..... Sad because it's one of the strongest days of the week, but the only way to enjoy the travel to Damascus anyways.

Online Luperco

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2014, 03:21:16 PM »
Okay so I got this route going

KSFO - KJFK  0900-1740 
KJFK - KSFO  1930-2245 
Days: -234567 

When should I schedule the next I was to do SFO to Chicago O hare!

You can't. You need another plane. Unless you find another route short enough to fill in 22:55-7:50.

Anyway I suggest you to don't use the minimum turnaround time for the plane as it lead to delays that lower your company image.
When you edit a route, change the turnaround time till  the expected delay is about 1% (look at the attached  image).
And use this time also when you schedule more flight for the same plane.

For example you your 1% time is 1:55 and the first flight arrives a 19:00, schedule the next flight to start at 20:55.

Saluti
Emanuele

Online Luperco

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2014, 03:24:43 PM »
And don't flight during the night unless each leg is long enough so that you can start before 23:30 and land after 5:00 (one of the two legs).
Saluti
Emanuele

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2014, 09:21:28 PM »
When you edit a route, change the turnaround time till  the expected delay is about 1% (look at the attached  image).

Not a very good practice either as it will end up being inefficient.. I generally use something in between.

(though if with smaller turnarounds you cannot squeeze in any extra flights, then it's irrelevant. But for commuter scheduling using the "1% time" is a waste of resources.. For longhaul not so much as it's not so critical)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.