Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How realistic is the pax demand scenario?  (Read 241 times)

Offline ajalil

• Members
How realistic is the pax demand scenario?
« on: November 20, 2014, 09:55:47 PM »
Hi,

I am guessing most players make their first bases in the real world home country, so you know your geography and demand from real world. I am new player.. played about 1 week, and I based my airline in Norway, in SVG since its a fairly large city in Norway and no game airlines were based there. The domestic routes are somewhat realistic, especially the demand among major Norwegian cities. Mind you its not on the dot, coz where several 737s are operated each day by SAS and NAX, game only have demand for about 110 pax, but good enough for simulation and competition.

But international market in game is totally different picture from real life. I am running ATRs to some EU cities to large airports like LHR where in real life there are several 737's operating each day. The demand is typical 40 to 70 pax in the game where in real life I could have operated 2x 737-800s

How is the world travel pax demand calculated in game. Especially I have no tourist destination demand where in real life Norwegians travel a lot to sunny beaches..

I am asking because then next time I will not aim for a special major city, coz the demand may not be realistic. In real life I could have operated daily flight from Norway to Warszawa,  but in game, no demand..

Thanks..

As a tip to game creators, you may want to gather some statistics like travel demand from players, or judge the demand  from real life airport time tables. In  Example, if Oslo airport have 8 daily flights to London in real life, (4 SAS, 3 BA, 4 NAX to LGW.. ) there must be demand for it,
Regards,

Ajalil

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.