Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Leasing airplanes - capacity, age, ...  (Read 489 times)

Offline Ritchie PT

• Members
Leasing airplanes - capacity, age, ...
« on: November 13, 2014, 12:54:00 AM »
hello again...

Well, my airline is getting down, I learned a lot with the mistakes I made and took some advises from other players... I'm -7'000'000 so I think it's not gonna get up anymore!...

I'm thinking about declare bankruptcy and start all over again... with a new method... But I still need some advise...

- If I lease aircrafts, is it better to lease new ones (5 to 10 years old) or old ones ???

- I've chosen one of the Chicago's airports that doesn't have any other airlines... It's more a domestic flight airport. Shall I keep a choice like this or shall I try a big airport (knowing there are other airlines)?

- If I choose the same kind of airport and if I can get to 180 days to open a new HUB (if I have the money), can I do it in a large airport to have some international flights? Does that affect the way my HQ airport is going to work? Can it bring international flights to it ?

thanks for your replies!

Ricky

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: Leasing airplanes - capacity, age, ...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 04:14:21 AM »

- If I lease aircrafts, is it better to lease new ones (5 to 10 years old) or old ones ???

doesn't really matter much in beginner's world. stick anything before 10 years old is fine imo.

- I've chosen one of the Chicago's airports that doesn't have any other airlines... It's more a domestic flight airport. Shall I keep a choice like this or shall I try a big airport (knowing there are other airlines)?

if you cannot stay alive in (i guess midway?) then you must be doing something really wrong. It really does not matter where you start as this is a practice world. If there isn't other airport that can supply international route and no competition, I suggest take another round with midway again.

- If I choose the same kind of airport and if I can get to 180 days to open a new HUB (if I have the money), can I do it in a large airport to have some international flights? Does that affect the way my HQ airport is going to work? Can it bring international flights to it ?
yes to hub traffic, will not affect HQ.

Plane choice is very crucial in this game, you are best to stick with 1-2 fleet type, and go for aircraft that is most efficient until you know more about the game. I would suggest restart, and apply for mentor. He/She will be able to pick up your mistake and point you to the right direction. Ask as much question if you can, most will happy to help if you show you are willing to learn.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 10:15:46 AM »
A domestic airport can be an excellent choice, as long as you stick to the domestic strategy. You'll aim for smaller planes. Depending on the airport size, you might go for 737s & CRJs, or to turboprops(Q400 are quick, cheap to operate and long-legged for a non-jet, a rather forgiving choice for a beginner - just pay attention to leasing costs).

The drawback of a regional strategy is that you more or less forever cut you from the Long haul income. But there is place for such companies in the game.

Be sure to :
(1) use your planes a lot. East-West flights & West-East flights over 1500NM can be done during the night(Most of my flights from the UK to Turkey fly at 23h00, that's no mistake). Smaller planes (up to 1200NM range) shall at least fly all day long. If you stick to that kind of planes, be sure to fly around 13 hours a day. Longer range planes shall fly at least 16 hours a day. (NB exact distance is line dependant & speed dependant, that's just a rule of a thumb)
(2) Check your prices regularly. Each line that is above 90%LF(and without an obvious opponent making an obvious C-check) should see its price increase a little bit.
(3) Don't overexpand. Lines are long to make income. Keep some money reserve.
(4) Marketing is dirt cheap early in the game, but it does not last. Boost your first lines to quickly get a good RI, but be more cautious later.
(5) Aim for "holes". If you fly 50-seaters, a 40pax lines without opposition is better than a 100pax line with 3 opponent flights. Ideally, though, you'd initially avoid those lines completely.

Offline Ritchie PT

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 06:44:59 PM »
doesn't really matter much in beginner's world. stick anything before 10 years old is fine imo.

if you cannot stay alive in (i guess midway?) then you must be doing something really wrong. It really does not matter where you start as this is a practice world. If there isn't other airport that can supply international route and no competition, I suggest take another round with midway again.
yes to hub traffic, will not affect HQ.

Plane choice is very crucial in this game, you are best to stick with 1-2 fleet type, and go for aircraft that is most efficient until you know more about the game. I would suggest restart, and apply for mentor. He/She will be able to pick up your mistake and point you to the right direction. Ask as much question if you can, most will happy to help if you show you are willing to learn.

Yes, I'm doing something wrong, for sure!!!

And even if some of you think beginner's worlds are too easy, for those like me starting on the game, it's already quite hard. And there are a lot of people wanting for new games to come on, and they take the best airports...

For me it's lot more instructive trying to play with a small or a domestic airport, because you must be careful about everything, than playing on a big hub ! Don't care if I won millions or not, what I care is to make my airline (even if it's a small regional airline) to have profits... and that's hard !!!

I already asked for a Mentor but in 2 weeks there's no player that accepted it. So I'll try to go by my own !

I opened an airport in Honolulu, it's working fine with small domestic airlines and small planes... It was working fine with the 747 I leased, but since the "bird flu", even changing routes, my 747 are full!

Well, I think another mistake was made... I try to understand what... And I think I'm gonna reset it again tonight! Just don't know if I'll keep the same airport or take Chicago's Midway again!

Who can help or advise me??? Thanks a lot !!! :-)

Offline Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 01:39:52 AM »
just do another reset, hnl is not exactly easy to play imo. and 747 is not really the aircraft the operate.

I might sound too harsh in the previous post, but I was trying to say there must be something wrong going on that needs fixing. Restart and send in a new request and I will grab it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.