Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Airport slots always full !  (Read 457 times)

Offline Ritchie PT

• Members
Airport slots always full !
« on: October 31, 2014, 08:46:20 PM »
Hello everyone!

I noticed that a lot of airport slots are constantly full, even during night shifts, and the airport still need some more flights for some routes.

I saw that a lot of those slots are being used (or better unused) by the same companies... that's unfair for other gamers to play!!!

Exemple : London Heathrow, needs some flights from Geneva, but all slots are full, 24 hours a day!!!

Developers should do something, that looks like a "Cartel", and that's not fair for other players, specially because in REAL LIFE there's always a place to park a plane in an Airport!

Wainting for your replies ! Thanks !!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:58:00 PM by Ritchie PT »

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Airport slots always full !
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 08:49:43 PM »
London Heathrow IS completely full in real life. There's not a chance for a real new airline go just get slots there either .. So that's pretty realistic actually.

And LHR is always glogged here really, better to fly somewhere else, as I am sure there are plenty of other destinations available (LHR slots are very expensive and very hard to obtain).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 08:56:53 PM by sami »

Offline Ritchie PT

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 09:02:46 PM »
Ok Sami, that's maybe real, but it still amazing that the most part of the slots are occupied and no plane is there (or flying) !!! Maybe I'm too young in this game, but it seems that it's more difficult to open a profitable airline in the game that in the real life! I hope that my new airline will keep getting on, my last 2 wore a mess after a few moths... But I'm learning with my errors and my bankruptcies !!!

Thanks for your reply! Best regards!

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 09:12:21 PM »
The slots are for any city pairs, just because no one is flying LHR to GVA doesn't mean that there are no slots for those cities, just that the airlines in LHR are using the limited slots in LHR to fly more profitable routes.

Edit - looking at route planner there are two airlines flying this route past demand. Would not be a good choice anyway.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 09:18:44 PM by bdnascar3 »

Offline Ritchie PT

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »
Where can you see that? Because I couldn't find it yet!!!!

And tell me, is there a way to know other company ticket prices?

Thanks !!!

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 12:56:23 AM »
Where can you see that? Because I couldn't find it yet!!!!

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/LSGG/EGLL/?go=1

Where were you looking that you think the route is unflown?

And tell me, is there a way to know other company ticket prices?

No.

Offline Ritchie PT

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 01:06:58 AM »
thank's Sanabas, I knew that already! I thought it was other thing...

Anyway, if you dont set an airline because there's too much offer in the chosen airport, you won't set line anywhere, only small abandoned airports! Market prices would be nice because we could do like real airlines and set our prices according the other companies prices!!!

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 01:48:38 AM »
Market prices would be nice because we could do like real airlines and set our prices according the other companies prices!!!
You do know the price range to fly from A to B, but you don't know how the price distributed (e.g. 20% tickets at $100, 20% at $120, 30% at $150 and 30% at $180). Thus the average price/ticket is unknown

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.