Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Not the game we were promised  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Cardinal

• Members
Not the game we were promised
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:50:46 AM »
Demand was supposed to be "tuned to support short and medium-haul flying inside the two "main" continents." It was initially, but it suddenly reset to normal.

Also, "all other regular game world features such as world events and alliances (from day 1 already)." World events are there. Alliances are still subject to the normal 6-month delay.

What gives?  >:(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Not the game we were promised
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 01:10:28 AM »
It was initially, but it suddenly reset to normal.

What do you mean by this?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:13:41 AM by sami »

Offline chuckles

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 01:25:11 AM »
I have to agree.  The demand seems to have become lower.

Also I think the departures per hour need to be increased.  I am based at Sao Paulo with 7 other airlines, yet there are still only 14 departures per hour.  There are very few slots between 5am-9pm, so adding new flights becomes nearly impossible.  Also, the demand isn't strong enough to be based at a second-tier airport, so we need to be based at big cities.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:29:04 AM by chuckles »

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 01:28:41 AM »
Demand has dropped considerably since the start of the game. More than 50% on especially the marginal routes, which could support a CRJ yesterday (real-time) with daily demand of 40-50 are now showing demand of 15-20. We all know there is a drop in demand in the 2008-2010 years of the global recession, but it seems like it dropped from the tweaked numbers for May to the normal numbers for August. And it was sudden. I opened a route Sunday afternoon (real-time, about 30 hours ago) with a CRJ, with demand of 50 on Friday and 38 on Saturday. Marginal but doable on a CRJ200. Today I get an oversupply warning, look at the route planning page and see demand of 12 on Saturday. That's a drop of almost 70%. That seems like more of a drop than the usual recessionary demand drop.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 01:29:18 AM »
Doesn't seem to be normal. Just taking a look ..

edit: Did not really find anything wrong anywhere, possibly some setting overlooked in the initial game setup (since demand changes are always gradual).

Issued a global recalculation and it looks more the way it was on day 0. Game will be back online in a few minutes.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 01:51:52 AM by sami »

Offline boeingfan

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 06:46:05 AM »
Another example. CAI-JNB-CAI. Demand started on 800 a day. This morning 650'

Offline Superbenj

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 07:51:08 AM »
I had a similar experience, demand on NBO-DOH was 600 plus, so I setup a 764, after a day or so of game time, I wondered why the route was not picking up as quickly as normal running a circa 300 pax a/c on a route with 600+ demand exclusively. On review, the demand had all but halved.

Similarly NBO-ADD was set to 300 or so, enough to allow me to run to A320s routes a day, it now peaks out at 170.

I was forced to bin the airline and restart, shelving plans for 767s for 321s and 319s for ERJs.

Something definitely seems to have occurred.

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 04:28:16 PM »
Thank you Sami for looking into it.

Offline cym772

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 06:25:13 PM »
Every route I operated halved their capacity within 24 hours of starting game

SuriProf4

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 06:42:06 PM »
i noticed all routes i looked at have the demand is now half (or more than half) of what it was when the game world started.

havenot noticed any world events that would have caused a severe drop of demand

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 11:27:28 PM »
What is also funny is that I had (still have but much less) demand from LOS to Londen, Barcelona but not to Amsterdam or Germany. While I believe if Barcelona and even Palma de Mallorca gives me 600 seats, Amsterdam would give me at least 300?? Whats wrong with the demand?
NExt to that, flying from Lagos to any capital city in Africa will not allow me to utilize a usefull plane unless I techstop and ATR.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 11:46:07 PM »
The longhaul route demand is proportionally much lower than domestic/shorthaul (in this game only).

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 11:58:36 PM »
not in the world, but is Egypt going to have the really huge airline, or is lots of comp slowing it down? It's normally a place you can build a 500+ plane airline with no problems, increased shorthaul demand to all of Europe + no competition from European airlines would make for a LHR-esque money-printing operation, at a guess.

Offline Atlantica

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 01:20:21 PM »
Demand from Morocco to other continents is very low (except Europe) CMN-JFK is just 50-60 CMN-ORD 30-40 ,. Does it has to be very low like that? I won't be able to create any long haul route.

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 01:48:41 PM »
Internal shorthaul in Africa is very low also.

From LOS to the continents main cities, demand is nothing like it should be. Africa is a small aviation market but in real life much more traffic exists between the main cities of every country, im pretty sure of that!

If this is increased shorthaul demand then something is wrong for sure....

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 02:03:49 PM »
Internal shorthaul in Africa is very low also.

Give me a few routes to check (icao codes to/from).

Offline [SC] - King Kong

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 11:39:31 PM »
DNMM -> HUEN, DBBB, FZAA, FNLU

60 demand is not really worth anything on a 900nm route. Not if those should be key routes like in real life.

Honestly said, most of Africa, west, middle, east is not really suitable for playing the game as in rl things are different. I know its not like real life but as for the game i would love to see a solution added.

Its not about creating an unfair level playing field as none of the airlines (in normal worlds) based in Lagos, Zimbabwe etc etc will become game changers in terms of scoring. Still it would give players more places to play and start...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.