Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Over supply warning?  (Read 531 times)

Offline elpiett

• Members
Over supply warning?
« on: October 17, 2014, 08:12:48 PM »
Strangely I got an oversupply warning for my OLBA-LSGG route, which I don't really understand. The supply is just over 100%, even under it on certain days. Is this a glitch?

brique

• Former member
Re: Over supply warning?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 08:30:51 PM »
There are two 'usual suspects' for unexpected over-supply warnings : first one is, the return demand is not always the same as the outward in all cases : on some routes its very asymetric, so it pays to check both ways and ensure all days, both ways, are under the limit. The second cause can be if you are using different aircraft with different take-off times to cover the route, usually due to slot constraints or a poorly worked out 7-day schedule : then, you need to check you havent got one part of a flight intruding on the same day as another : commonly, this happens when one day takes-off and lands within that day, but the previous day takes-off later so lands after midnight.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 01:14:53 AM »
Strangely I got an oversupply warning for my OLBA-LSGG route, which I don't really understand. The supply is just over 100%, even under it on certain days. Is this a glitch?

As brique said, you are in the second case. Your Sunday outward flight arrives late at night and the return flight is pushed to 0030 on Monday, which makes the supply of Monday double whereas no supply on Sunday return route

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 12:47:44 PM »
Since this seems to be already a sort of FAQ item, I will rewrite the warning message's content at some point with some better info.

Offline elpiett

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 04:59:04 PM »
Thanks for the info... time to reschedule I guess ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.