Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Oversupply Warning - NOT ACCURATE  (Read 685 times)

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
Oversupply Warning - NOT ACCURATE
« on: October 12, 2014, 07:17:29 PM »
Hi,

I'm receiving an oversupply warning on my new international route from Ankara -> Chicago O'Hare but I'm clearly NOT oversupplying it. What gives?  >:(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Oversupply Warning - NOT ACCURATE
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 07:24:01 PM »
The warnings are FULLY accurate and correct. You must check the route both ways (return flight also). Direct link is provided in the message you received (globe icon).

Online schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »
Pro tip: check the return flight

brique

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 07:35:13 PM »
Dabbling Amateurs Tip : also check if you have 2 flights operating on the same day : varying take-off times can cause this : if so, you need to re-schedule one of the offenders . If its just plain oversupply, its no big fix needed : just edit the route to block seats : if you are showing as 200%+ supply, they aint doing anything anyway : your staff are not accurate in the figures they give for demand, it can vary by 10% or so, depending on things, so you may only be a few seats over the mark but it still counts : when the demand grows stronger, you can just un-block those seats and take up the slack.

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »
What are you guys talking about "return flights"? Are you saying if I have Plane A flying in on the same day Plane B is flying out, that counts as one, entire flight? It shows one flight per day, no more than 40 seats over (on sat and sun).... I'm lost b/c the bar graph doesn't show any overage.

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 07:45:39 PM »
*doesn't show any excessive overage.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 07:46:49 PM »
Direct link is provided in the message you received (globe icon).

==> http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/KORD/LTAC/?go=1

(check Mo & Th)

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 07:58:26 PM »
Sami why would that be so drastically different than the data I see (Ankara to O'Hare)? That looks like a completely different route. Also, it looks like it's doing what I asked, combining two different flights as one.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 08:07:06 PM »
Sami why would that be so drastically different than the data I see (Ankara to O'Hare)? That looks like a completely different route. Also, it looks like it's doing what I asked, combining two different flights as one.

Your outbound flights are scheduled at different times throughout the day resulting in return flights happening on different days, thus, doubling up the two days sami mentioned and no flights on two other days. If all out bounds left at the same time, you wouldn't have issues with the return.

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »
I just scrapped the whole freakin route... it's not worth the headache. I guess i'm an idiot b/c it doesn't make sense to me. I had two a/c covering two different parts of the week on that route. No a/c flew in at the same time or out at the same time.

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 08:59:38 PM »
I just scrapped the whole freakin route... it's not worth the headache. I guess i'm an idiot b/c it doesn't make sense to me. I had two a/c covering two different parts of the week on that route. No a/c flew in at the same time or out at the same time.

It is the different time for the different days that makes the difference. As a rough estimate, a morning departure from ltac means a same day return. An evening departure means a next day return. So, suppose the following: am evening departure on Monday with a morning departure on Tuesday. That would result in both flights returning on Tuesday with no return on Monday. The double Tuesday flight is then what triggers the over supply warning.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 12:15:07 AM »

I can't find my last reply from one of these threds, where I said I should just cut & paste it for all future 'oversupply warning is wrong!' threads.

Almost every time there's one of these oversupply threads, the issue is the return flights, with flights being flown at different times of day.

To try and explain the way it works clearly:

Let's say the route has 70 pax, your plane has 100 seats.

Plane A departs your HQ on a Wednesday evening, lands after midnight, and so the return flight is on a Thursday. Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun also depart in the evening, so they return on Wed, Sat, Sun, Mon.

Plane B departs your HQ on a Thursday morning, lands before midnight, and so the return flight is also on a Thursday. Monday does the same, returns on Monday.

End result: outward bound leg shows 1 flight per day, -23-567 at 10pm, 1--4--- at 10am. That adds up to 100 seats/day for 70 demand, no problems.

But the return leg has 1-34-67 at 8am, 1--4--- at 8pm. That adds up to 200 seats on Monday, 200 seats on Thursday, and there are no flights on Tuesday or Friday. So you get an oversupply warning for Monday & Thursday.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 09:36:09 AM »

Example -

- Flight # 1 departed 17:00 hrs (5pm)  Monday, returned Tuesday 08:00 hrs (10am)  15 hours total for outbound and inbound flight times
- Flight # 2 departed 05:00 hrs (5am) Tuesday, returned Tuesday 20:00 hrs (8pm)   15 hours total for outbound and inbound flight times

End Result -

- 1 x flight departs Monday and 1 flight depart Tuesday = no problems
- BUT 2 x flights returned on Tuesday = your oversupply warning

PS - same as others have already posted, but hopefully a bit easier for you to see where the problem is
PPS - I had the same problem earlier in my AirwaySim game career and Sanabas explained my error
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:34:02 AM by Kadachiman »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.