Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is this a problem?  (Read 481 times)

Offline helliviknow

• Members
Is this a problem?
« on: September 29, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
I'm assuming this airline doesn't like my presence in Malaysia. They have opened a base at the same city as mine and flooded all my routes to I presume put me out of business. Hey thats life right? Hah. My question would be on whether the pax they are adding violate the rules. Here are some examples

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/WBGG/WBGB/?go=1
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/WBGG/WBGR/?go=1
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/WBGG/WBGM/?go=1
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/WBGG/WBGJ/?go=1

This pretty much duplicates on every route I have lol. I thought I remember a rule about providing more than twice the estimated pax on a route. Any input?

Offline helliviknow

• Members
Re: Is this a problem?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 06:12:35 PM »
I just realized you have to be logged in to gw2 for those links to be relevant..

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 07:22:17 PM »
No the F27-200 seats 48 - so he's close on the couple routes that have daily demnd of 24 but if he blocks a couple seats he'll be within the rules.

And the rule about 200% is just for your airline, not the total seats supplied
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:36:15 PM by bdnascar3 »

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 07:26:28 PM »
Normally there is no malice intended when a player schedules his/her planes

Why does it appear as if he is copying your routes?
- Most airlines will ply the best pax routes first, I assume that you did so it is feasible that he is as well

How many seats can an airline supply?
- each and every airline can supply up to just less than 200% of the demand, so 5 airlines could mean 1000% supply and all players stay within the fair play rules

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:32:47 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline helliviknow

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 08:11:15 PM »
Ok the rule is how I thought then. I was fairly certain they were providing quite a few over 200% on a handful. In hindsight I linked the first routes I had tabbed and could of searched for better examples lol. I am fairly certain they are targeting my routes simply because I exist. There are routes open that would offer better pax/supply ratio to what they are currently aiming for on the routes we share that they have skipped over. As long as they are within the rules then I have no problem. I have been dispatched lol. I shall try to start over :)

Offline helliviknow

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 08:19:16 PM »
Just to be 100% sure. I have 52 pax on this route. This is ok? Im assuming because 1 or 2 days have enough pax to be just under 200% then its ok?

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/WBGG/WBKL/?go=1

Offline bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 08:37:00 PM »
your link is for a route that has a lot of demand, that your not even at 100% yet. To answer your general question you need to stay less then 200% for each and every day. So I usually pick the lowest day as my guide.

the best way to prevent someone from encroaching on your base is to make sure every route is covered before you start expanding.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 07:31:14 AM »
Well, if you're a new/small airlines, and all of your routes are flooded, then there's a problem. Quote from the manual

Small airlines, new entrants etc.

The game worlds receive new players and airlines on regular basis. The longer the game world has been active the more likely it is that a new airline will be based to an airport with one or more other airlines already operating from. In such cases the owners of the existing airlines should keep in mind that coordinated attacks or other uncompetitive ways to use their power as a larger or more dominant airline may be disallowed.
Any coordinated "attacks" by single airlines, alliances, or by any other group of airlines, to prevent some airline from operating on a route or to deliberately push some airline out of the simulation are not allowed. Competition is generally free in the sim but any clearly unfair competition measures such as flying routes with huge overcapacity and with very low prices and deliberately targeting many/all routes of a single airline are considered unfair competition, especially if the "target" is a new / small airline.

Offline Aus380

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 11:03:06 PM »
Sometimes an airline might have new base and expansion strategies in place well before you opened your airline. There is clear intention of this in PM's within my Alliance forum where I discuss my fleet and expansion plans. But in essence I am using an aircraft that is common to my fleet rather than adding a new type even though it has twice as many seats as demand.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.