Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft lease period  (Read 476 times)

Offline Yarnam

• Members
Aircraft lease period
« on: September 26, 2014, 08:48:41 PM »
I noticed that when you lease an aircraft you pay immediately but take delivery in 2 weeks. This means you are actually leasing it for 50 weeks not 52. As apparently I have control of the aircraft immediately upon leasing I should be able to pay a little extra for expedited delivery with some sort of penalty for not having it properly painted and refit.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Aircraft lease period
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 10:28:52 PM »
Check the MSN information on one of your already leased aircraft
You will find that the lease expiry matches the period you leased it for (12 mths, 24 mths, etc) from when the aircraft was/is delivered to you...NOT...from when you placed the order
Meaning - that you only start paying the monthly lease payments from when it is in your fleet ready to be used.....so you do get 52 weeks of use for 52 weeks of lease payments

The game does charge you some of the lease payments in advance when you place the order (3 or 4 mths) but the lease payments start being applied from the day it is delivered to you

If you started paying lease payments from the day you ordered the aircraft there would be very few NEW PLANES ordered where the wait can be 3, 4 or more years depending on the particular make and models popularity in this game.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 10:40:41 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline Yarnam

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 11:05:09 PM »
I was referring to leasing used aircraft and I'm pretty sure I'm right about the time period.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 11:16:06 PM »
Nope you are incorrect.

As I said - check the MSN info on one of your leased planes and you will see that the lease expires 12 months from delivery date if you leased it for 12 months, not 50 weeks from delivery date.

Offline Yarnam

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 11:31:58 PM »
OK the MSN screen makes me even more sure I am correct. I leased and made payment on "18-Aug-2005" . I took delivery on the 1st or 2nd of Sept. My Lease expires on "18-Aug-06". What am I misunderstanding?

Offline Yarnam

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 02:18:57 AM »
note that I used an example from BW

Offline Yarnam

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 03:44:41 AM »
Here is proof of my point. The lease expires 11-Mar-68 and I don't take delivery until "Aircraft will be delivered on: 25-Mar-67". 50 weeks.

Kadachiman am I still incorrect or am I misunderstanding what seems to be obvious?

Offline Sanabas

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »
Kadachiman is right about new planes, the lease payments and period start only when the plane is delivered, not when it is manufactured and dispatched from the factory. The 3 week delivery period is payment-free.

You are right about used planes, the lease payments and period start as soon as you order, and you are paying for that 2 week delivery time when you can't fly it.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.