Poll

Cancel DC-9-10 leasing contract

Yes
5 (62.5%)
No
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: September 28, 2014, 07:08:55 AM

Author Topic: Cancel new aircraft on order  (Read 801 times)

vietnammylove95

• Former member
Cancel new aircraft on order
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:56:47 AM »
Just like the title, should I cancel new aircraft on order, which is the DC-9-10? I ordered 49 of them when they just came out, I bought about 21 of them, and in the UM there are nearly 10 DC-9-10 looking for new home, but it seems that not alot of people lease/buy them. So I wonder whether I should cancel the leasing a/c that I have in order, or just put them out there in the UM hoping someone just lease them off?

Offline Elladan

• Members
Re: Cancel new aircraft on order
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 05:01:12 AM »
There is rather slim chance you will find much interest for DC-9-10s. They are just not the greatest metal flying.

vietnammylove95

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 07:09:24 AM »
So that's a vote for cancelling?  :laugh:

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 02:51:21 PM »
In any case, if your leasing them, you cannot sell unless you buy them.
Saluti
Emanuele

vietnammylove95

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 06:16:13 PM »
I mean I can buy them and off to the UM they go. But I don't know whether this would be a good investment or not  :-\

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 08:13:56 PM »
I mean I can buy them and off to the UM they go. But I don't know whether this would be a good investment or not  :-\

That's a terrible deal if you buy after delivery, as you'll have to pay a huge early lease termination fee as part of the acquisition cost.

Historically, the DC-9 series is a used market dud in long game worlds, so you'll lose less money dumping them instead of buying them.

vietnammylove95

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 09:50:39 PM »
Oh what I meant is I'll buy them off when they are still on order. My first one is due to deliver in the next 6 game months, and I already owned the first 21 DC-9 that will be deliver. So I just wonder whether I should cancel the remaining orders, or buy change the order from leasing to buying them and then put them in the UM.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 01:31:39 AM »
As said by others, DC-9 series aren't that popular, and the -10 version is kind of the worst model among DC-9

If I were you, I'd swap all purchased order to leased, then cancel them. This way, you can get the most cash back. It's too late for the first few units, but if you are lucky you can sell a few of them on UM (all 49 of them is practically impossible)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.