Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: cheating?  (Read 1059 times)

Offline jjj

• Members
cheating?
« on: September 23, 2014, 12:21:35 PM »
What to do if i feel some player is doing cheating in some manner???

Offline Yarnam

• Members
Re: cheating?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:24:49 PM »
You could describe what the player is doing but not name them. Then if it is cheating Sami could contact you. If it's not cheating the players could explain to you why not.

Offline jjj

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »
 i wanted to bring few things to your notice...1 airline is  based in London heathrow in beginners world.. i have strong suspicion that something is wrong with his pattern of playing.. 1 thing which i observed was that he played for sometime in beginners world.. then he declared bankruptcy and he immediately started from same airport... my thinking is that before anyone else realizes he again started from same airport..so that he would immediately grab all those slots and would start routes also to same old places (it was London - new york)... he also used the advantage of getting more initial money so that he can lease out more planes quite quickly....  also inspite of starting late , he almost has 5-6 more A300-600 series planes compared to others....  now quite a long period has not passed in this game world that he could have mounted such a huge profit compared to others.... you are requested to please check....   
also that fellow is having quite a high number of passengers in business class...which is quite unusal given his number of planes and economy class paseengers.... ..

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:27:32 PM »
also that fellow is having quite a high number of passengers in business class...which is quite unusal given his number of planes and economy class paseengers.... ..

But not unusual at all from LHR, which has ridiculously high demand for business seats.

As for the rest, anybody who is even vaguely competent, playing in an LHR with BW economics and still plenty of free slots can make that much money, expand that fast, without any problem at all. Especially with the bonus starting cash for opening after day 1. ~50 planes ordered in ~33 game weeks does take a bit of effort and requires you to keep logging in every few hours for 4 straight days, but apart from that, it's trivial to expand that fast, and easy to keep expanding until the UM runs out of planes or the airport runs out of slots. Both of which are much less likely to happen in BW.

Offline ajalil

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 12:56:46 AM »
Hi JJJ

I am based in Norway and played for about 10 days now..
1st airline I started, i was visionary leased some planes and started operation to large airports without chking demand.. i got bankrupt
2nd time smae scenario but still used a lot on marketing.. and had no fleet comonality so my expencis were too big plus i rather bought aircrafts
3rd tome i started good but again i opened too many routes at once
4th and current time i started slow till my routes were making positive money before expanding and so far so good..

How ever each time i bankrupted i started a new airline imideately with same name and specs.. to restart in a way.. call it cheating if u want but i learned from my mistakes and tried to save the airline but when it didnt work i had to start over

It may be considered as cheating if i think back at the previous tries.. already the 3rd time i knew wchich routes were profitable so 4th time i started the airline with those routes so i was able to expand quickly

Regards
Ajalil
Regards,

Ajalil

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 11:40:43 AM »
That is no cheating at all.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 02:10:08 PM »
First Point - Just because someone is a much more competent player at this game than you does not make them a cheat

Second Point - You have a lot to learn about the game so instead of making false and random accusations against better players (as that will just put them offside with you) ask for assistance instead

1. It is very normal for good players to restart in Beginners world as it is a testing ground for different game strategies that they are considering employing in a real Game world
2. Heathrow has a very very big C Class demand compared to almost all other airports, so it is normal to see players with many C seats in Heathrow as it maximises their profits
3. The additional starting capital is intended to assist players start-up late against established players, without this additional cash many new players were going bankrupt
4. Restart as many times as you want too (within the same 5 credits) as that is what Beginners Games are all about.....learning the game

Offline ajalil

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 07:33:25 PM »
Back to the topic of cheating. I am cheating in the beginners world this time (on trial bases)... Not that it has any effect on my airline, but it has the effect on the end result.

I have seen from previous games, that at the game's end, top 10 CEOs are announced based on money they earned.

My cheating is not in the sence of bankrupcy as we were talking about. But even at the beginner level, i set CEO salary to highest, and by that i was able to be among top 5 richest CEOs even if my airline sucks and its a small airline, with insignificant routes and barely making profit.

So by doing what I did (for trial) I managed to save me a 5th position. But there is a maximum CEO salary limit, so if you wish to do this you have to do it in time enough to make enough money to get into the list. But hey, where's the sportsmanship in that. I just did it this time for trial bases because I have seen some names recurring many times in the end of game worlds... So maybe winner parameters should be changed or something so its not solely CEO bank account that names the winners... Maybe it should be based on total profit/ number of employees, or aircrafts/routes etc...

My suggestion to developers is to disable CEO salary option, and rather give CEO some % each week of airlines weekly profit. This way you will get a winner fair and square at the end  of gameworld... The longer airline you run and better (maximize profit) the better CEO salary you get....
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:35:51 PM by ajalil »
Regards,

Ajalil

Offline Kadachiman

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 04:51:34 AM »
It is still not cheating
Most players do not care less about the richest CEO  because to most players it is a pointless stat as you have illustrated

There are no winners or losers in this sim as different players chose to play the game different ways.
Some want to be the biggest, others want to have a good regional airline, others want to only use Russian aircraft, etc...many game options available.

You chose to play to be the richest CEO = your choice of game play......but definitely not cheating

blizzardex

• Former member

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 09:48:20 PM »
Cheaters shall be banned

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.