Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: C Check Options  (Read 764 times)

tocdco

• Former member
C Check Options
« on: September 07, 2014, 06:52:32 AM »
I wish there was a way to schedule a rotating aircraft to cover c checks.  I'm a bit new, so what happens when you get 50+ aircraft and you're trying to manage the flights?  Does your image go down because you're not running a flight on those routes for the c check duration?  What do you guys do?  Do you just let it run c check and not move the plane to an empty plane's schedule?  Seems I need an empty breguet for every 30ish and then manually keep pushing the plane to a new one, and run it then when maintenance is up do it to another one.  So there lies the feature needed that says use n#xxxx during C-Check and then have an option to schedule the c-check for a certain date.

Online Kadachiman

• Members
Re: C Check Options
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 04:38:16 PM »
When a plane is in for B,C or D check the impact on its routes is nil that you need to adjust for, sure you will lose the revenue earning capability but you can leave everything else in an 'unattended' mode.
In other words -
- route CI is not impacted
- slots are not affected (e,g, no unused slot violations)

Moving the schedule to another aircraft is common and I do it if I have a spare aircraft (waiting for lease to expire or waiting to allocate a route etc) but normally only when my airline is small, as it tends to be too much hassle and time consuming to keep moving schedules around when you have 150+ aircraft

So basically my approach is -
I do not make an allowance for C or D checks by having a 'floating' aircraft but I will take advantage of an aircraft if it just happens to be sitting in the hanger unused at that time.

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 01:02:17 PM »
I wish there were a way to schedule C Checks in advance rather than just have them happen when they're due so that one could align the checks to occur in such a way that they don't burst you with c checks

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 01:21:50 PM »
There's a 7 year old feature request for this - http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,114.msg602.html#msg602

More discussion: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,54631.msg314682.html

I wish there were a way to schedule C Checks in advance rather than just have them happen when they're due so that one could align the checks to occur in such a way that they don't burst you with c checks

Quite honestly, if C checks are going to bust you then you've got problems with how your airline is being run at a far more fundamental level. Focusing on those fundamental items will provide far more profit and business as a going concern than will micromanaging C checks.

If you've got a decently run airline, you really won't notice an impact to your overall profit once you have a few dozen planes as there will pretty much always be one or more in C check at that point. Once you're at that size, the gains for hot swapping C check planes will be far outweighed by the extreme waste of your time.
+ Attachments and other options

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 06:01:35 PM »
When a plane is in for B,C or D check the impact on its routes is nil that you need to adjust for, sure you will lose the revenue earning capability but you can leave everything else in an 'unattended' mode.
In other words -
- route CI is not impacted
- slots are not affected (e,g, no unused slot violations)

Minor pedant: CI is not affected, you don't get a penalty for missed flights. RI may be affected, if your only plane flying that route, or all your planes flying that route, are in C-check, there can be 0 flights for the week, which means RI will drop slightly.

That said, just ignore C-checks. You can manually do them early to stagger them a bit better, not get a 20 C-check lump sum payment in a single week that you'd forgotten was coming. But trying to cover routes by moving schedules between planes, and trying to set up C-checks to the point you've constantly got 1 of your 40 737s in C-check, is a lot of tedium for almost no benefit.

Until maintenance staff lose the ability to put in their 40 hours for the week by doing 8 simultaneous A-checks on a Sunday and then taking the rest of the week off, you can simply set & forget maintenance.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.