Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is lack of aircraft normal?  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
Re: Is lack of aircraft normal?
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 05:14:57 PM »
You make a good point Sami and I am not one to argue with you as I like your game and appreciate the effort you put into this SIM :-)

But I still disagree with your God like interventions, just because someone complains and wants a better deal for themselves e.g. bringing back scrapped aircraft.
They get to choose what aircraft they want for their game, so if the production line closes or available stocks run out.....stiff...deal with it as it was your choice...the same as the rest of us have to

As far as in-game improvements e.g. Base Changes.....not much we can do about that if we want the game to continuously evolve as there is no downtime to bring in the changes, especially with the longer game worlds....but it still doesn't change the fact that the effects of the changes can be a PITA to deal with...but at least it is the same PITA for all players and not just because a few asked for a God change to benefit themselves.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 05:20:56 PM »
The complete lack of ANY used a/c was abnormal here. Compared to any other game and compared to how it was designed and how it should go, and that's why I made some minor adjustments. (Not because someone "whined" about it.)

Sure, there's always a limited selection of old planes in every new game world but this time basically each and every aircraft generated by the system was sold or scrapped which was not normal.  ...Making it effectively 100% impossible for any new player to start which is the main concern.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:23:38 PM by sami »

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 05:33:01 PM »
Fair comments again and I totally understand your reasoning and why you made the change now that you have given more info.
I guess I along with others often forget that you have the 'global picture' whereas we do not, so thanks for the clarification.

As I have said previously I honestly appreciate the work that you put into AWS and your devotion to it.
I have played many SIM games and most only keep my attention for 2-3 months but your SIM has had my attention for at least 4 years (I think) so in my opinion you have created a fantastic SIM and you do a great job.

Online LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 08:36:18 PM »
I think you already knew what I meant but 'twisted' my words around to suit your argument....are you a politician by chance?

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't get your point at all, no intention of twisting things at all.
Not yet a politician but working on it for around 2020's decade, now that you ask  ;)

LA

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2014, 11:43:10 AM »
How has the market looked like during the past few days?

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »
How has the market looked like during the past few days?

Over the course of the past few days, it has been as expected (which was greatly assisted by a few big bankruptcies). However, things are starting  to tighten up rather significantly. At this point, if you start a new airline, its looking like the Dove, Nord 2501, Twin Pioneer or Il-14P are your only options (hint: for most, that's not a very satisfying choice).

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »
Not much on there that I have been looking for but I have had a bit of luck scoring planes from b/k airlines
So it seems the same to me but I am not after smaller or shorter range planes.

Th planes I look for on used market-
DC6 & DC6B - always in high demand in early game years so are always hard to get anyway
Britannia - going to be very hard to score any of these on the Used Market as it appears that all but the 320 are non-existent and the 320 is a new release so hard to get
DC8 - going to be very hard to score any of these on the Used Market as the range is a new release so hard to get

My problem is that I based in Honolulu and Guam so I am very limited with my choice of planes but that is OK as I rather like the idea of most airlines having a slower start than usual.

But the pricing dynamics for popular planes and lower numbers on the Used Market will make us try different things which is good for the game.

I have 80 x IL-62's on order, normally I avoid Russian metal but the game dynamics makes them a better proposition than they used to be......but that may end up as 'fools words' so we will see :-)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:31:55 PM by Kadachiman »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.