a) Production lines won't be fiddled. If some line was closed when the game started, then it's just due to random luck. They are never touched manually at any point, even when game is created.
b) Some scrapped planes that were not yet broken to pieces were towed back to the storage and aircraft market showroom for sale.
Good and thank you Sami...as personally I am a little bit tired of 'God type' changes made during a game that benefit a few but tends to disadvantage a lot more.
My situation as an example -
- I decided to base at Honolulu and then Guam which means I have very little choice but to acquire planes with long range capabilities
- when I logged into the game and found very few Connies, Britannias and DC6B available (compared to normal) it was an ...'oh Geez' moment....that was my chance then to restart the game with a different strategy...I did not...so I have no right to now ask for the game to be changed
- I decided that if I was to have problems getting suitable aircraft then so would others so it was an opportunity to 'secure' my chosen bases prior to competition arriving
- this also meant that I had to grab the DC6's that I could and go onto the long order queues for Britannia 320 (the only type in the game available) and the DC8's
- so to have God now bring into the game many more long range aircraft would be Wrong and Unfair
Now my argument is not just for myself as I would have greatly benefited by having many more Long Range aircraft available......but you play with the hand you are dealt and you don't keep asking the dealer to re-deal until YOU get the hand you want and stuff the other players at the table