Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Is lack of aircraft normal?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Yarnam

• Members
Is lack of aircraft normal?
« on: September 06, 2014, 03:06:14 AM »
As  I just graduated form beginner world to Game world I was wondering if there is usually a lack of used aircraft at this point and if it is normal for there to be 2 to 3 year waiting lists for decent new aircraft?

I got off to a slow star and now it seems like I'll be stuck at my current size for a few years due to lack of aircraft. Doesn't sound like it will be much fun just making $50K a month for 3 or 4 years.

Online schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Is lack of aircraft normal?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 03:20:17 AM »
This is a bit on the abnormal side. In the past, when the used market was this empty and the new production lines were this jammed, the space-time continuum was disturbed on a sami-random basis bringing in more planes to restock the market. I think it is warranted at this point as there's basically nothing folks can do in the game world right now and it won't get better for another 10-15 game years at this rate.

Offline Yarnam

• Members

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 03:48:02 AM »
Well I hope someone steps in and disrupts the space time continuum because it isn't looking much fun for me right now.  :(

Offline reedme

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 05:06:29 AM »
If Lockheed reopened the Connie line much problems might be reduced

bokitooo

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 07:13:57 AM »
hello,
there are not much used planes now but i order new planes and they come just 2 weeks later then used planes.
maybe you can try that, for me the "Handley Page Herald Mk.200" is a great plane with not a long waitinglist.

greetings
Orange Air

Offline Pukeko

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 07:34:01 AM »
Its simply part of the dynamics of the new game worlds... and yes this game world is an extreme example of it. On the positive side it prohibits unabated growth to airlines in the early stage which I think is a good thing and focres CEOs to really come up with a long term plan.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 03:16:32 PM »
It is even worse if you decided to base yourself on 2 x isolated islands like I did as planes with range are not readily available, at least on a bigger land mass you have short range plane options available as well.

However ....... I think this slower growth is more realistic especially as it is a long long long game world......and I like it .... so my vote is for the Sami God NOT to intervene

Everybody wants to sprint out of the blocks....but this is a real life 16 month game and it has only been going for 1-2 weeks so far

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 03:18:46 PM »
As I just posted in the bugs forum, there will be a bit more planes as this is not intentional (a [near] complete lack of everything flyable expect my local barn door with wings). But no big rush is expected, but instead only small occasional inserts. So don't expect a plane flood.

Online LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 03:22:09 PM »
I think the production line of the Lockheed L-1649A Starliner was closed too soon (on day 1). There are no options for prop medium and long range as the Bristol's line is full until late the 60's and we are in late 1962. 

Sami, is there any chance of re-opening the line?
LA

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 04:08:49 PM »
Woohoo. 232 de Havilland DH.104 Dove's and 42 DHC-3's now in storage. Just what we all need!

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 04:11:57 PM »
I think the production line of the Lockheed L-1649A Starliner was closed too soon (on day 1). There are no options for prop medium and long range as the Bristol's line is full until late the 60's and we are in late 1962. 

Sami, is there any chance of re-opening the line?
LA

IMO doing this would be wrong as players have made game strategies based on what is available not what they hope was still available....this move would penalise those that made the decision to wait it out for the Britannias or Jets.
To re-open a defunct line now would be a major interference in game play...not a minor tweak

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 04:17:47 PM »
a) Production lines won't be fiddled. If some line was closed when the game started, then it's just due to random luck. They are never touched manually at any point, even when game is created.

b) Some scrapped planes that were not yet broken to pieces were towed back to the storage and aircraft market showroom for sale.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 04:37:15 PM »
a) Production lines won't be fiddled. If some line was closed when the game started, then it's just due to random luck. They are never touched manually at any point, even when game is created.

b) Some scrapped planes that were not yet broken to pieces were towed back to the storage and aircraft market showroom for sale.

Good and thank you Sami...as personally I am a little bit tired of 'God type' changes made during a game that benefit a few but tends to disadvantage a lot more.

My situation as an example -
- I decided to base at Honolulu and then Guam which means I have very little choice but to acquire planes with long range capabilities
- when I logged into the game and found very few Connies, Britannias and DC6B available (compared to normal) it was an ...'oh Geez' moment....that was my chance then to restart the game with a different strategy...I did not...so I have no right to now ask for the game to be changed
- I decided that if I was to have problems getting suitable aircraft then so would others so it was an opportunity to 'secure' my chosen bases prior to competition arriving
- this also meant that I had to grab the DC6's that I could and go onto the long order queues for Britannia 320 (the only type in the game available) and the DC8's
- so to have God now bring into the game many more long range aircraft would be Wrong and Unfair

Now my argument is not just for myself as I would have greatly benefited by having many more Long Range aircraft available......but you play with the hand you are dealt and you don't keep asking the dealer to re-deal until YOU get the hand you want and stuff the other players at the table
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:39:52 PM by Kadachiman »

Offline Yarnam

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 05:53:08 AM »
Thank you Sami

Online LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 08:09:12 AM »
Re-open a defunct line now would be a major interference in game play...not a minor tweak. I am a little bit tired of 'God type' changes made during a game that benefit a few but tends to disadvantage a lot more. You play with the hand you are dealt and you don't keep asking the dealer to re-deal.

Hi Kadachiman,
There is a contradiction on your speech because you don't agree with God type interventions after the game as started, and agree with the God type increase of airplanes for lease from less than 10 to 500 in one go.

From my side I like God type interventions including the one that just happen where an airline or group of airlines lobby obtained a significant increase of small and medium class airplanes in the used market. I tried to influence the decision of the regulator during the process but failed. Very similar to real life. And because it is similar to real life, I like it.

LA

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 08:25:15 AM »
A bit of 'inventive' reading on your part....but I guess you will do anything to help support your view
As my post was clearly directed at the fact that Sami did not re-open any closed production lines....which is what you wanted
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:30:23 AM by Kadachiman »

Online LotusAirways

• Members
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 09:18:10 AM »
Didn't mean to offend you, or to lobby Sami. The post is just to point out your contradiction --which in itself has nothing wrong, life is about contradictions-- and to state my position regarding God like interventions.

My one directional view is rather clear: I support God like interventions even the ones that can affect my strategy, because it approaches the game to reality.

Your view is rather clear:
- you don't support God like interventions (ie re-opening a line of large aircraft) that will affect your strategy;
AND
- support God like interventions (ie used market supply increase of small-medium aircraft) that don't affect your strategy.

And please don't take this as a criticism, it is your position and should be respected. That is all. Don't make a big thing out of nothing.
Enjoy the game!
LA
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 09:59:43 AM by LotusAirways »

Offline reedme

• Members

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 11:13:17 AM »
Reopening a production line is more realistic than dragging planes out of the graveyard!

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 04:19:52 PM »
I think I get where you are coming from now.
Because I said Good to Sami to both A and B?

The 'Good' comment was to point A - not opening any production lines .. as that is the point I had referred to in my previous post
I do not agree with his point B (in fact I basically took no notice of it as I was focussed on the production line issue only).......so sorry for the confusion it may have caused you

Normally if you say Team A beat Team B on the weekend .....a person who is a supporter of Team A will say 'Good'....meaning he liked Team A winning (and not 'Good' to Team B losing as he only cares about his team winning)
So again I think you already knew what I meant but 'twisted' my words around to suit your argument....are you a politician by chance? If not, you should be :-)

To clarify -

I DO NOT AGREE with ANY CHANGES to the game after the game has started as it does have an impact on players strategy and game play e.g. the new 10 x Base change gave me a surplus of approx 2,500 staff in Game #4 which is a PITA to now deal with (sacking bit by bit, increased marketing to cover for the lost CI from sackings, etc. etc)

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:29:28 PM by Kadachiman »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »
the new 10 x Base change gave me a surplus of approx 2,500 staff in Game #4

Your staff numbers did not increase at all due to this new feature (the same staff and same costs as before, but total requirement of staff went down in your case, causing some overstaffing I see. This was clearly communicated in the new feature's implementation phase and fully expected too to have minor changes there. => No reason to fire them (if you are so concerned of the temporary CI effect) and in the long run you would SAVE money since the overall staffing is lower.). Or in other words it did not create any extra costs you didn't already have before the new feature.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 04:52:58 PM by sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.