Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Connies Production  (Read 506 times)

Offline reedme

• Members
Connies Production
« on: September 01, 2014, 03:20:32 AM »
Why did the game have to start <1 year after the Super Constellation Ceased production?

I could almost guarantee that such a production line would be hugely popular, just look at the bristol.

Offline Teadaze

• Members
Re: Connies Production
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 05:35:20 AM »
game does not want cookie cutter build dc6 and connie every game. A good way make airline think how to adept.

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 07:08:36 AM »
No, but if there is a demand for a certain aircraft it would make sense for the manufacturer to produce said aircraft.

There is a reason the Constellation and DC6 were and are as popular as they are...

There is over 700 orders for the Bristol, so aside from old dodgy Constellation 049's and 649's theres no prop aircraft capable of what the DC6 and Super Connies serve. I mean unless you wanna jump in the queue for the Bristol but then you'll be waiting 8 years and by the time you get them Jets will have taken over.

Offline Kadachiman

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 11:24:35 AM »
This game also started without the earlier Bristols being available.
And I like it :-)

I normally use Bristols, DC6B and Connies, but this game has caused a rethink and a slightly different approach which I actually like.
Also it appears to have slowed the normally very rapid growth at the start which is good for the game.

Next game - start the game with no DC6B as well :-)

Offline [ATA] Hassel

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 11:37:16 AM »
From my last long game where dc6b and connies was still in production it is interesting to see how players adapt their strategy when their 'preferred' planes is not available - I think it is a nice change and it have given challenges that the standard 'easy' planes are not available

also, pistol, connies and dc6 is not the only props that's available at this time - there are other props out there with availability within 12 -24 months that can still make for a new fleet type

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 12:21:20 PM »
There are other aircraft sure but nothing out there really rivals the reach and speed of these. They either have one or the other. It does make it interesting but from a realistic point of view a company wouldn't shut down a production line when there is significant demand for said line

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »
There are other aircraft sure but nothing out there really rivals the reach and speed of these. They either have one or the other. It does make it interesting but from a realistic point of view a company wouldn't shut down a production line when there is significant demand for said line

Douglas shut down the DC8 line when there was still demand as they didn't want to take away from DC10 sales ;-).

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 01:08:56 PM »
True, but theres no suitable replacement for the Constellation from Lockheed yet like there was with the DC10/8 or the 8/6 in a business sense all lockheed has done is shot themselves in the foot? Sure they have the L188 but that fits a different niche

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.