Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: All B-Checks the same day?  (Read 941 times)

Offline fxtorres

• Members
All B-Checks the same day?
« on: August 29, 2014, 10:23:03 AM »
Hi

I always schedule all A and B-checks on the same day (Sundays), but I'm not sure why I am doing this...  ???

Is it better to schedule them on different days to balance the week or is it not relevant?

Thanx!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: All B-Checks the same day?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 10:37:36 AM »
It is a simple system, so it does not matter.

Offline fxtorres

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 10:55:31 AM »
Then I'll keep my staff on holiday all the last Sundays  ;D

Thanx again.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 01:59:50 PM »
It is a simple system, so it does not matter.

Going to have to disagree here. It is a bit more complicated than that. However, if you only consider the effect of B checking everything on the same day vs not, then the simple system answer certainly applies. However, if you're flying multiple times per day to a particular destination and you happen to B check each of those planes on the same day, you get zero revenue for that B check day. If you spread out the B checks across the lower demand days (Weds,Sat,Sun, and then Tues/Thurs), then you'll capture far more seats sold than you would if you just took a day off.

A very rough estimate - let's suppose 4x daily 50 seat planes scheduled to a destination with an average demand of 175. Therefore, demand would look approximatly like this -

Mon - 200
Tues - 175
Wed - 150
Thurs - 175
Fri - 200
Sat - 150
Sun - 150

But wait. You're serving 200 seats per day every day. That means you'll have approx full loads Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri and about 80% loads on Weds/Sat/Sun. Thus, you could cut Weds/Sat/Sun out with a minimal impact on your revenue, and then pick Tues or Thurs to drop as well, which means on the B check week, all your planes will be full compared to 80-90% full on a non-B check week.

Offline Marksw76

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 05:27:00 PM »
hey mate

I never schedule B checks on a Monday or Friday since them days always have the  most demand. You don't want your prize bird 'in bed' with a 'time of the month' check on your busiest day!

Offline fxtorres

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »
So, since Saturday is usually the less demanded day, it would be a good idea to change all my B-checks to that day... or not...   :'(

And, on the same topic: if I do a B maintenance before the compulsory day, for example, the second week of the month, will the following B-checks be made on the second (on a monthly basis) or on the last week anyway (so my aircraft would have 2 B-checks in the same month)?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:47:54 PM by fxtorres »

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 07:29:03 PM »
So, since Saturday is usually the less demanded day, it would be a good idea to change all my B-checks to that day... or not...   :'(

And, on the same topic: if I do a B maintenance before the compulsory day, for example, the second week of the month, will the following B-checks be made on the second (on a monthly basis) or on the last week anyway (so my aircraft would have 2 B-checks in the same month)?

If you're flying 1x per day, then the check day should go to the day with the least amount of demand (sat or sun). If you add a second flight to that day, then the check should be on a different day than the first check, and so on.

As for doing B checks before the compulsory day, it is simply a waste of money to randomly do them. Typically only when scheduling planes that have been parked a while it will be a good idea. B checks always run the last week of the calendar month (i.e. 24th-31st) on the scheduled day of the week.

Offline fxtorres

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 09:34:29 PM »
Ta!  :)

Offline KingPinipon

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 11:22:38 PM »
Does A and B check of all ACFT in the same day affects number of Maint. Personnel needed ?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.