Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft Range  (Read 645 times)

Online ChuckPerry

• Members
Aircraft Range
« on: August 26, 2014, 08:08:01 PM »
Hey Guys- I have a aircraft range question... I have a couple of Lockheed L-749A Constellation's that under the aircraft specs say that they have a range of 3000 NM.. Is that carrying fuel only with no passengers or is that based on carrying a full load of passengers?? 

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: Aircraft Range
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 09:27:35 PM »
That's based on the manufacturer seating and with Pax and Bags etc.

Online ChuckPerry

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 03:44:42 AM »
That's based on the manufacturer seating and with Pax and Bags etc.

Well there's a glitch somewhere then because I scheduled it from MCO to Gander to LHR... the longest leg being only 2036 NM.. the runway at Gander being 10,200' and it says it can only carry 13 pax???

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 04:21:20 AM »
Well there's a glitch somewhere then because I scheduled it from MCO to Gander to LHR... the longest leg being only 2036 NM.. the runway at Gander being 10,200' and it says it can only carry 13 pax???

Did you put a tech stop going both ways?

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:52:24 AM »
I'd say theres no tech stop on the return flight, but the Connie 749A only has a default range of 2200nm (from memory?)

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 12:39:01 PM »
I'd say theres no tech stop on the return flight, but the Connie 749A only has a default range of 2200nm (from memory?)

They have a rather generous payload/range chart..... Sounds about right for it to be restricted to 13 pax on a 3800ishnm flight. If I were op, I would suggest the 1049G for LHR as it will run nonstop in a heavy C/J config with no payload restrictions on that route.

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »
If only the G's were not in such high demand!

And the Super Connies have 1 less pilot ;)

My personal favourite is the Starliner!

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 05:55:44 AM »
I suggest you change the seating config. First check for Club or First Class demand and meet only what is there now, and then upgrade your Tourist Class seating (which means fewer seats and less load so more fuel). If you don't fancy that then do a Tech Stop at Shannon(historically) or Dublin which is (today RW) winning pax by offering USA Customs Clearance with shorter range for the airlines (they just pack more pax in).
I am not sure Sammi has allowed some Pax to be collected/gathered at Tech Stops. He felt it would lead to aircraft not operating mainly from their bases.
It will be interesting to see who does the first London - Sidney.

Offline reedme

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 05:59:57 AM »
I've been looking into LHR - SYD but not enough slots :(

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.