New Game World #2 now open!

Started by Sami, August 22, 2014, 05:59:21 PM

Sami

The new Game World #2 at AirwaySim is now open!

Join it at https://www.airwaysim.com/game/

This scenario starts from year 1960 and will continue all the way to year 2030. So this is a long game world allowing you to truly build your own airline empire over a long period of time.

At the beginning the pace of the game is faster (20 mins / day), and will then gradually move to standard 30/35 mins / day. The initial player capacity is lower than in modern scenarios due to overall lower passenger demand (*), but will grow at 1 player spot per game month.

And if you happen to find that this scenario is already full, there are plenty of other game worlds to choose from with many opportunities for new airlines. But spaces in this scenario will surely open up as the time goes on.

All of the latest features are included, new base airport rules for example. Prototype aircraft models (that never got into production, or ones that haven't flown yet) will be also available.

(* = initially plans were made for a 300-player start but this was increased since the demand levels have been adjusted; in the early days of the scenario the demand is higher than it used to be in reality due to game play reasons, but it will level out in the 1960s and 1970s back to normal)

Curse

Just out of curiosity: Is there a special reason the new GameWorld is not called GW#6? The (new) thing, while another GameWorld with the same name exists, is extremely confusing...

Elladan

I'm wondering about that as well, consecutive numbering would be so much easier to use and refer to.

Sami

There are always 4 scenarios running at the same time, that's why. And the old #2 scenario runs only less than a week now.

(same was when current #3 scenario started, it was labelled as #3 - new)

Mr Yoda

Wait why can't we open an alliance for day 1 in the new one?

I mean that we were able to do that back in GW 3 but not here?

Sami

Enabled now (didn't think of that when setting up this game; it's an optional settings flag).

Curse

Quote from: sami on August 22, 2014, 07:20:38 PM
There are always 4 scenarios running at the same time, that's why. And the old #2 scenario runs only less than a week now.

(same was when current #3 scenario started, it was labelled as #3 - new)

Yes, and the #3 thing was and is confusing, for example on the internal alliance boards.

Would it hurt the thing if you count upwards? #1-#6 would be enough to always have two scenarios "disappear" so they are not used double. Otherwise you could just count up, I personally don't think it would be a problem to have GameWorld #81 one day.

I just notice how it often confuses people when you talk about GW#2 (as an example) right now. Is it GW#2 new? Or the old one? It really makes communication harder without any, for the player, reason. ;) Please try to feel with us, sami. :)

Aoitsuki

yea, that gameworld 2 made me accidently open a new game in beginner's world 2 when it is open. and accidently created an airline without knowing my mistake. I am out of 5 credit now :(

EsquireFlyer

The use of non-unique numbering will make it hard to track achievements or to refer back to events/results of an earlier game world.

Right now, for example, you can easily go back and find the Jet Age #7 results in the announcements forum.

But in the future, there would be lots of announcements all called "Game World #2 results" in different months/years, and it will be hard to find the one you want. Also it will be hard to refer to past events such as "In Jet Age #8, I nearly went bankrupt due to starting in LBG." If many of the worlds all use the same re--used names and are not unique anymore.

reedme

Just curious as to how people are joining alliances and such before 6 month old?

Curse

That was changed. You can found and join alliances immediately on day 1 now.

reedme

Strange because whenever I try to join one it tells me my airline is not old enough.

That being said this is my first game world in over a year (my old account is inaccessible)

Mr. Pete

Will be in the future any game world starting in 90's? Or from now on every scenario will be ultra-long?

Mr.HP

Yes, after GW3 end, new GW in the 90s should be opened