Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How do you see popular airport destinations?  (Read 839 times)

breezypointdeparture

• Former member
How do you see popular airport destinations?
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:43:41 PM »
Hello All,

I just signed up for this and love it so far so apologies for my noob question.

So when I was selecting my home airport (LEMG), I noticed that one of the criteria that the program provided on LEMG was a chat for supply and demand of that airport. For instance, it mentioned the S/D for London Gatwick, and also for airports that have a supply but are not being serviced form LEMG.

After selecting to set up base there, I can no longer find that chart for LEMG, or any other airport and have tried all of the selections.

Im sure im missing it right in plain sight, but does anyone know how to pull this information?

Thank you,
Breezypointdeparture (LEMG)

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: How do you see popular airport destinations?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:50:08 PM »
Hello,

have you read the manual (especially on creating routes) and the FAQ (linked in my forums signature as well as the sticky threads here in this forum?

Please do so carefully and if you still have unanswered questions, feel free to ask.

Link to the manual:
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:19:06 PM by CUR$E - CEO King Airways »

breezypointdeparture

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:56:13 PM »
Hey There,

Thanks for the response! I have indeed read through the manual, and also looked through your FAQ. The manual does show the S/D chart when selecting an airport, but it has no reference to how to access that data again after selecting your base airport.

If that is not possible then thats fine, I just want to make sure im not missing something as that was very useful information.

Thank you!
Breezypointdeparture

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:18:31 PM »
The top #20 airport information or so that is shown before you choose a HQ is indeed not accessible again, however, as sami has directly linked to the manual, a total overview is available.

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 07:42:52 PM »
Can't you guys just answer his question instead of giving all these links to read. When I was new here I asked questions and was given a link for this and a link for that and it was so annoying and it made me feel like just packing up before I started. Other forums you ask a question and you're given an answer straight out with no links to any manual or instructions. It's about time this forum done the same.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 07:47:37 PM »
The link to the manual explains exactly what he was asking (= where to find the supply & demand charts). With pictures and extra info, and located directly at the top of that page. So would be pretty useless to repeat here all over again...

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 07:51:09 PM »
In other forums questions that are clearly answered in the manual are either deleted or closed - without any comment.

Reading and understand the manual as well as the FAQ and other stickies is important to get a basic idea for AirwaySim. I see lots of people who make mistakes that are clearly described here in the forums - simply because they skipped reading everything carefully.

In addition, as sami explained, the link he posted lead EXACTLY to the answer of the question while my link to the general manual was given because his question was a big hint he has not read the manual (carefully enough).

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 08:26:21 PM »
In other forums questions that are clearly answered in the manual are either deleted or closed - without any comment.

Reading and understand the manual as well as the FAQ and other stickies is important to get a basic idea for AirwaySim. I see lots of people who make mistakes that are clearly described here in the forums - simply because they skipped reading everything carefully.

In addition, as sami explained, the link he posted lead EXACTLY to the answer of the question while my link to the general manual was given because his question was a big hint he has not read the manual (carefully enough).

I'm just saying my point of view. When I first started this game what seems a lifetime ago, I asked and asked and asked for a mentor, yet I did not get any replies, not a single one. I thought 'okay, I will go to the forum and ask why am I not getting any replies when I put in a request for a mentor?'
I do believe, at the time, it was you my old friend Curse that answered me, 'come to the forum and ask anything you want and someone will always give you an answer,' (back then you used to talk a little more ;)  :laugh:) and back then, you guys were more helpful and would tell you exactly what you wanted to know. Now the way you talk to the new guys you sound like snobs and can't be bothered to help anyone, even though you do supply the links, I do wonder if some give up before they have actually enjoyed this game like us old gamers.

It's just opinion and don't mean any offence to anyone  :)

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 09:03:46 PM »
To be honest I answer the same exact way for years. If the answer can be given by pointing to the very good manual or to the FAQ - it's where people must start. If the question is more complex and not part of these, an individual answer is most likely to follow.

If someone think I'm a snob or a bad guy because I link to the manual and keep things short, then it may be so. If I take my time and give a useful and correct answer, use it or gtfo.

Edit: Neither or nor other experienced and good players give away answers easily and without best knowledge. The FAQ, written back then when the manual was bad (it is very good now!), is still a place where people can get first informations.

In an ideal world people would read the manual, read the FAQ, read the sticky in the Beginner's World Forum and then start to play, while consulting the manual regularly. Truth is: Many people ignore all the things that are written. Some then complain, some simply just ask the same and same things over and over. Others try and fail ingame endless times.

That's ok. Everybody can do whatever he want and people who fail constantly are the counter-part in sami's mixed calculation to power gamer like me.

However, I think it's offensive to complain about help. I neither think my first answer was unfriendly nor do I think it was  not helpful.

If one wants a perfect friendly and extremely extensive mentoring, offer me Euros (or Dollars) and I will teach you everything until perfection and tell you every 15 minutes how nice it is to know you and how unfulfilled my life would be without you being around. No problem at all.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:13:17 PM by CUR$E - CEO King Airways »

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 09:34:53 PM »
Just noticed this went a bit into a rage. Not everything is specifically meant at you, Solemus, those "complains" appear regularly and they are annoying.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 01:28:12 AM »

Im sure im missing it right in plain sight, but does anyone know how to pull this information?

That information is accessible only when choosing your HQ. The purpose is to give new players some insight about the HQ, and help them make decision easily

After settling down, you can no longer access to that chart. And you have to go over each routes to find the demand/supply. Follow the link sami posted, to know how to set up routes

Solemus

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 03:33:31 PM »
However, I think it's offensive to complain about help. I neither think my first answer was unfriendly nor do I think it was  not helpful.
Just noticed this went a bit into a rage. Not everything is specifically meant at you, Solemus, those "complains" appear regularly and they are annoying.

Hiya Curse 

First if I did offend you, I apologize, your first answer was helpful, I was just giving my opinion about how I felt when I first joined here, I wasn't criticizing anyone (especially you) in any way shape or form.

I did notice that you had a little bit of a 'rage' on there, you actually wrote more than a couple of lines  ;) . I haven't seen that in a long time  ::)

Anyway apologies again if I upset  anyone. I wasn't meant to.

Rick

breezypointdeparture

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 05:48:42 PM »
Thanks so much for everyones help - links an all! see you on the apron.

Breezypointdeparture

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.