Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Rebasing/CI  (Read 372 times)

Offline Marksw76

• Members
Rebasing/CI
« on: August 14, 2014, 11:19:53 PM »
Yo

I'm looking at rebasing one of my birds to another outpost far, far away. It's a direct swap with another one of my birds, if I do this, will my CI take a hit????

Thanks all

EDIT as a footnote to this question, I will just add that it's simply wonderful that AWS allows you to deliver an 'oversized' aircraft to your smaller outpost and then won't allow you to fly it unless you upgrade for approx $6m!!! (nice one, cheers for that Sami!!)

Wouldn't it be more sensible to warn us before the great bird is delivered in the first place, thus saving $$$ in working out what the bloody hell I'm going to do with the thing. My guess is I'm going to cut it up and live in it as a second home. Kinda romantic I'm thinking....

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:57:59 PM by Marksw76 »

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
Re: Rebasing/CI
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 01:16:32 AM »
Nope, it cost nothing to rebase an A/C no matter how far away the base is

And isn't it your fault in the first place? The A/C can be safely rebase to a level 1 base, but to operate it there need appropriate staff and facility. It's like you bought a truck, brought it home to find that it didn't fit in your garage. Then came back to car dealer or even city hall crying about it? How the hell do they know about your garage and even if they do, how do they be so sure that you don't plan to expand it and make a warning?

Offline Marksw76

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 07:07:35 AM »
Nope, it cost nothing to rebase an A/C no matter how far away the base is

And isn't it your fault in the first place? The A/C can be safely rebase to a level 1 base, but to operate it there need appropriate staff and facility. It's like you bought a truck, brought it home to find that it didn't fit in your garage. Then came back to car dealer or even city hall crying about it? How the hell do they know about your garage and even if they do, how do they be so sure that you don't plan to expand it and make a warning?

Ouch!

Fair do's mate, it's currently making itself useful 'filling in' while is sisters are on C checks. You live and learn I guess, but this is the first game world I've played with aircraft 'bases'.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 07:15:29 AM »
You can order 'too large' planes to a base because you may have new larger planes for order very far into future and you are just looking to upgrade later when they are delivered. So would not make sense to make you pay for the larger base costs when you do not have those planes yet..

Offline Marksw76

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 06:06:19 PM »
You can order 'too large' planes to a base because you may have new larger planes for order very far into future and you are just looking to upgrade later when they are delivered. So would not make sense to make you pay for the larger base costs when you do not have those planes yet..

Thanks for taking time out to reply Sami, its all cool and makes sense to me. Maybe a little dialogue box could be developed to flash up or something, just to cater for newbies to the new system and fools like me who don't read the instructions!!!!

Just a warning that reminds us that although the aircraft can land at the new base it cannot be flown on routes without an expensive upgrade.

Just a thought mate - you're the boss...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.