Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: High age - low hours aircraft  (Read 459 times)

Offline AirHawk

• Members
High age - low hours aircraft
« on: August 14, 2014, 06:20:17 PM »
I picked up some high age (14-16 yrs old) BAC 111's in the used a/c market but they have very low hours (8000-10,000) for their age.  Does it make sense to give them their D-Checks coming up or should I dump them?  Not sure if there is any benefit to completing the D check.  Do hours have any correlation along with the age or is it just age that factors into the cost of running the aircraft as it ages.

Offline CUR$E - God of AirwaySim

• Members
Re: High age - low hours aircraft
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 06:37:19 PM »
Hours are irrelevant and age "just" increases maintenance costs.

And yes, please do the D-Check on the aircraft you leased from "King Airways". It's a small company and support would be good! ;D

No, seriously, paying for a D-Check takes about 2-6 month, depending on routes and cost. If you intent to fly an aircraft for a long time it's worth to do the check, if not, don't do the check.

But NEVER give back an aircraft that has less than 4 weeks left to a D-Check and 2 weeks to a C-Check. People will start to hate you if you do so due to automated checks.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:04:50 PM »
Well, I don't see the trouble doing that to computer-led brokers. They are just bytes, after all.

But, yes, human beings may be resentful. They may even want to retaliate in-game. Not a good idea to backstab them.

Offline Mr.HP

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 01:25:07 AM »
But NEVER give back an aircraft that has less than 4 weeks left to a D-Check and 2 weeks to a C-Check. People will start to hate you if you do so due to automated checks.

I'd be p*** off for the moment but wouldn't care much about who did it. I know that's the risk of brokering. Life is not pink, you know

But, yes, human beings may be resentful. They may even want to retaliate in-game. Not a good idea to backstab them.

Well, isn't that too much to behave like that? I wonder if you really get retaliated for that?

Offline Troxartas86

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 02:15:23 AM »
I've had people hand back planes at 10% condition with expired checks across the board. Almost makes you not want to lease them out at all but it's still better to make some money on a lease than to have planes in storage.

Regarding aircraft age, I run my Soviet birds until they rust down to nothing. 14 years isn't that old really, you can keep planes flying until they are 30 if they are still making a profit for you.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:17:44 AM by Troxartas86 »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.