Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Important information: Base airports to be upgraded  (Read 888 times)

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Important information: Base airports to be upgraded
« on: August 04, 2014, 10:04:16 PM »
The base airport rules of this game world are to be upgraded soon. The new base airport features were introduced two months ago in the Game World #3 and now they will be expanded gradually to other game worlds too. The new feature allows you to expand further and also adjust the scale of your bases according to your operations (= smaller bases with lower costs).

The change in Game World #1 will happen on Monday August 11th. The change does not require players to do anything.

All of your existing bases will be automatically at the highest level ("level 4"), but you may downgrade them if needed (according to the normal rules and procedure). The changes to your airline's financials should be minimal, but you can expect some variation in your fixed costs (staff, maintenance, offices etc). If you are on manual staff settings we'll automatically set your staff to 100% levels if it's lower at the time of the upgrade (but won't fire anyone; most likely you will be slightly overstaffed after the upgrade - in other words your cost base will then remain the same as before, but you may wish to gradually fire some of the extra staff to cut costs).

Read more about the new feature here:
http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,26356.msg308658.html#msg308658
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/Office/Bases/

edit: one day delay added
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:20:14 PM by sami »

Online LotusAirways

• Members
Re: Important information: Base airports to be upgraded
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 05:16:41 AM »
Is there any technical-code reason for having HQs always at level 4?
It would be good to have the possibility of downgrading HQs also.

LA

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 10:53:49 AM »
I'd like the option of level 3 for the Prime Base, but I have also been caught out with no customs in a level 2 base so no foreign flights. That was pre Euro!

EDIT; pre Euro meaning pre EU.  A level 2 base for my small aircraft to explore the potential of a new area cheaply didn't accept any flights out of the base country, being Italy I assumed base 2 had no Custom's desk as flights to anywhere were OK from bigger bases.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 01:30:23 PM by 11Air »

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:30:47 PM »
What?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.