New Features: Name schedules, not aircraft, Aircraft pools

Started by JumboShrimp, July 20, 2014, 09:23:08 PM

Southsky

11Air

Well, a year went by with no input. I started a new topic and got directed here:-

I would like to see a 'support aircraft' facility allowing a nominated replacement to be provided to make the flights for an aircraft in C or D checks.  One (presumably older?) aircraft being assigned to support all the rest of that 'game type' at that airport on a first into Service gets the Stand-By Aircraft.
The idea is to provide a continuous service on the route without breaks for C and D service.  This should maintain the Route Index and the route's market share even over the 4 weeks of D service.  It's more of an issue on routes with competition of course but CI and RI are less likely to suffer.

Issue 1 - Whether a B737 could cover for a B747 etc is debateable but if the flight time and turnaround time are virtually the same then at least the route is provided for, even if not the capacity.  Whether it matters if they are not in the same Group is up to Sami.  A range check would be required for the alternate aircraft as it may not be the same variant or seat/range able.

Issue 2 - The support aircraft in RW would be A and B serviced on an hours flown basis.  Long term perhaps any aircraft that has flown less than 40? hours since last A service can pass on the B service for that week avoiding excessive servicing.  That's more of a long term issue anyway.

I hope this approach would be easier to programme in.  It's something I try to do manually sometimes, but the game isn't very friendly in doing that.  I have:-  1. to clear the schedule on spare plane 'Z'.  2. transfer the schedule from 'A' to 'Z'.  3. load the redundant 'Z' schedule on 'A' and add maintenance (it went with the schedule).  5. make a note of what planes I've just swapped (I usually forget).
And, when I remember, repeat above to put the newer, bigger, cleaner, plane back on it's schedule services.

I'll be very happy to see an automatic system where I can designate a planes 'support aircraft' which will automatically take up the schedule (omitting ranges beyond the aircrafts ability) on a first come basis.  It's up to me to get the supported planes maintenance schedules sorted so the ones I want supported are first to ask.  There are no reasons why more than one aircraft can be designated 'support'.  And these could also cover for late arrivals (weather etc) that would delay departure by more than the turnaround time? or urgent repairs etc.

I'm looking forward to the challenges of Cargo more though.  This is a wish list item, not a must have.

alexgv1

This would be a novel way to cover lack of capacity during C/D checks and the idea is growing on me.

While we are on the subject of maintenance and spare aircraft, could we also give some attention to performing overnight/A checks downroute during an extended turnaround.

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,79.msg354383.html#msg354383
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

11Air

from a duplicate post

I would like to see a 'support aircraft' facility allowing a nominated replacement to be provided to make the flights for an aircraft in C or D checks.  One (older?) aircraft being assigned to all the rest of that type at that airport. 

Whether a B737 could cover for a B747 is debateable but if the flight time and turnaround time are virtually the same then at least the route is provided for, even if not fully.

The support aircraft in RW would be A and B serviced on an hours flown basis.  Long term perhaps any aircraft that has flown less than 40? hours since last A service can pass for that week.

DiCH

JumboShrimp

I think a good place for this thread would be in Feature Requests (which was closed to new posts at the time of writing).

JumboShrimp

Since Zo requested it too, I am giving it another bump.  ;)

Edit: It would be good if this was moved to the Feature Requests.

wilian.souza2

Quote from: Slurve30 on July 22, 2014, 05:15:39 AM
Good idea, but I agree with Lemon.  I don't think it will help as much as you might think, as the aircraft are still going out of service and you just have your reserve sitting around a lot anyways.

It will be much better, as there won't be any necessity of having aircraft with empty schedule to make schedules, which will help organizine those routes flown by multiple aircraft, for example. So I support this idea a lot!

JumboShrimp

FlyingAves

I like the idea, although I can live without it. Then again I have never went through a d-check before.

wilian.souza2

Quote from: FlyingAves on November 07, 2018, 06:36:29 AM
I like the idea, although I can live without it. Then again I have never went through a d-check before.

You haven't played the game long enough...  :P