Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Avro RJ/146 - same fleet group?  (Read 886 times)

Offline pndsc

• Members
Avro RJ/146 - same fleet group?
« on: July 17, 2014, 09:23:59 AM »
I remember a couple of years ago that there was some talk of merging the Bae 146 and Avro RJ 70/85/100 fleet groups. Did this ever happen or are they still separate?

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Avro RJ/146 - same fleet group?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 03:09:25 PM »
They are different, for some reason I cannot remember. Quickly thinking would make sense to combine them (to be looked next month after my holidays).

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 10:54:30 PM »
Only reason I can think of is the speed difference, .65M for the 146, .68M for the Avro. This is one of several cases where combining the fleet groups and overlooking the very minor differences would be of great benefit to AWS as a whole. Another one would be DC-9/MD-80/MD-90/717. In the case of the DC-9 to 717 group, the speed is the same, the frame is the same, the wing is the same, and all share a common pilot type rating (http://fsims.faa.gov/PICDetail.aspx?docId=FSB%20DC-9%20R7). DC-10/MD-11 falls into that category as well. All 737 series share a type rating with the only real difference between groups being speed increases (.72 -> .74 -> .78).

With how severely airlines are penalized for operating more than 3 fleet types, and with no relief in sight for this problem despite many cries for change over the years, simple combinations like this would make transitioning fleets over the years much less of a hassle and greatly improve game play in long worlds.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Posller

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 11:23:09 PM »
Only reason I can think of is the speed difference, .65M for the 146, .68M for the Avro. This is one of several cases where combining the fleet groups and overlooking the very minor differences would be of great benefit to AWS as a whole. Another one would be DC-9/MD-80/MD-90/717. In the case of the DC-9 to 717 group, the speed is the same, the frame is the same, the wing is the same, and all share a common pilot type rating (http://fsims.faa.gov/PICDetail.aspx?docId=FSB%20DC-9%20R7). DC-10/MD-11 falls into that category as well. All 737 series share a type rating with the only real difference between groups being speed increases (.72 -> .74 -> .78).

With how severely airlines are penalized for operating more than 3 fleet types, and with no relief in sight for this problem despite many cries for change over the years, simple combinations like this would make transitioning fleets over the years much less of a hassle and greatly improve game play in long worlds.

This. I cannot tell how many times I would like to simply "upgrade" from MD80 to MD90 or the like, only to have to edit EVERY SINGLE ROUTE. Such a time waster. Would love to simply "move route schedule" to the upgraded similar fleet type aircraft.

Offline 11Air

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 07:21:44 PM »
Poslier, nice idea but you need to EDIT the route to the new a/c AND change turnaround or departure time to keep the slot times the same. Or pay for new slots. Fiddly. Why can't I adjust the flight speed (just as RW do with relief aircraft).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.