Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Incorrect oversupply warning  (Read 468 times)

Offline Harrison28k

• Members
Incorrect oversupply warning
« on: June 29, 2014, 10:16:47 PM »
I have received an oversupply warning on one of my routes. I'm operating a Boeing 767-300er on the route which can hold 216 passengers, the demand for the route throughout the week ranges from 150-200. This is clearly under the 200% allowance that the AirwaySim rules state.

Is this a system inaccuracy? The only issue that I could possibly think of is that the aircraft is configured in 3 classes, where demand for business and first are relatively low in comparison to what I am offering. There is nothing in the rules which states that the route supply is split into the different classes, therefore I do not believe this to be the problem.

Please let me know what you think and know on the matter.

Thanks
Harrison28k

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
Re: Incorrect oversupply warning
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 10:22:16 PM »
Oversupply warning's are not usually incorrect. Please check the return flight, some routes have MASSIVE discrepancies between demand there and back.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 05:48:18 AM »
The issue is almost certainly that you are flying at different times each day, and some of the return legs start on the same day, while some start after midnight and therefore on the following day. This means that while the outgoing leg has 1 flight per day, the return leg will have 1 flight on some days, but 2 or 0 flights on others. The days with 2 return flights are causing the oversupply warning. e.g. if the tuesday and thursday flights return after midnight, and the others on the same day, then outgoing will be 1234567, return will be 1-33-5567, and you'll have an oversupply on wednesday & friday, no flights at all on Tuesday & Thursday.

Also, I really should save this response for future questions, save typing it again. It is a somewhat common issue.  :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 09:32:43 AM »
The warnings are not incorrect. Check the route both ways like previous posters have already mentioned. And a direct link to the offending sector's route planning view is provided in the message itself too.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.